TWC Tuning Adapter Activation Issues

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
awdorrin

HTPC Specs: Show details

TWC Tuning Adapter Activation Issues

Post by awdorrin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:40 pm

I have a new setup with an InfiniTV PCIe card. The cable card activated fine, but after talking with several different people at Time Warner, I have yet to get the tuning adapter activated properly.

From looking at the screens through the Ceton Diagnostics tool, it looks like the Tuning Adapter is activated, but disabled. From what I have been able to gather from talking to Time Warner and searching the net, it sounds like the Tuning Adapter may be activated for the billing system, but not provisioned for the cable system. (The tuning adapter is giving the 8-blink code - indicating it is 'bricked')

The last tech I spoke to (last sunday) said he thought the tuning adapter was defective (its a Cisco STA1520) - and he claimed he was sending out a new one.
While I got the original cable card and tuning adapter in 2 days, its been 5 days and I can't even get a tracking number out of time warner to confirm a new tuning adapter has been shipped. (In the past, I've had TWC claim they have sent something out to me, only to find out that the request was canceled by someone... so I don't quite trust them) ;-)

In any case, from everything I've been reading online, it sounds like it is a good possibility that the tuning adapter may not be defective, but either configured wrong, or configured incorrectly in Time Warner's system.

Has anyone had any luck getting issues like this resolved over the phone with Time Warner?

I live near Binghamton, NY, and the Time Warner here is based out of Syracuse, NY. They don't carry cable cards or tuning adapters locally (which is why they have to UPS/FedEx them to me.)

While the Ceton card is working well on the non-SDV channels, it would be nice to get all the other channels setup.

Thanks,
-Al

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:56 pm

Open a support ticket with Ceton - they might know who to call to get your issue sorted out!

MeInDallas

Post by MeInDallas » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:06 am

Try calling the TWC cable card hotline at 866-606-5889 and tell them whats going on. If they can send signals to it, then they can probably get it to initialize. I've had several problems with tuning adapters, and when I picked them up from the office, the person at the window just didnt have them put into the system correctly, and the people at the cable card hotline were able to fix the situation.

awdorrin

Post by awdorrin » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:44 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, that is the TWC phone number that I have been calling.

I was hesitant to contact Ceton about this, because it isn't a fault with their product, but from what I've been reading, sounds like they know who to contact at TWC to get issues like this resolved, so that will be my next step.

On one hand, I feel like I'm being a bit impatient, but on the other hand, with what I'm paying TWC every month, it shouldn't take over a week to get something like this resolved. ;)

MeInDallas

Post by MeInDallas » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:22 pm

I understand what you mean. I do find it a bit strange that its taking so long. I can go to my local office, get a cable card and tuning adapter, have it all hooked up, call the cable card hotline and get it paired, and do this all within an hour. I'm on Time Warner as well. I know in different states the procedure is a bit different. Here in the Dallas area its really easy. Seems like they would be able to at least give you a tracking number though so you can see its all been sent out to you.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:00 am

As others have mentioned, open a support ticket with us - we have contacts at TWC that can resolve this.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

awdorrin

Post by awdorrin » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:49 am

I did wind up opening a ticket with Ceton who contacted Time Warner, however it did turn out to be a hardware problem with the tuner.

it took several calls to Time Warner to send out the replacement, apparently the first shipment was cancelled.

When the new tuner arrived, i plugged it in and within 5 minutes all SDV channels were working fine.

now it's time to figure out the nagging sleep and hdmi hand shaking issues I'm having with my AV receiver and I should be all set. Time for more research :)

kp4akb

Post by kp4akb » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:53 pm

I have had good luck with TWC. TWC has a place in Buffalo, NY that deals exclusively with cable cards. The phone number is 866 532-2598. They are extremely helpful and I respect them as they are only a piece of the cog.

Ed Rios
Columbus, OH
Ed Rios