Manual Uninstall Instructions of Ceton My Media Center (x64)

KeatinEric

HTPC Specs: Show details

Manual Uninstall Instructions of Ceton My Media Center (x64)

Post by KeatinEric » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:33 pm

I'm looking for instructions to complete a manual uninstall of Ceton My Media Center (x64) so that I can successfully install with the files posted for Windows 8.

I recently did an Windows 7 Pro to Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center upgrade. Now that I'm upgraded I've realized that there is an update to Ceton My Media Center. I attempt this upgrade but part of it entails an uninstall of the Windows 7 version. Unfortunately, the uninstall process for the prior version won't proceed because it doesn't detected Windows 7 x64 (since the system is upgraded). I've tried numerous other approaches and tricks to get this uninstalled but now it seems the only way is a manual uninstall process.

I would really like to install the Ceton My Media Center (x64) on my Windows 8 Pro with Media Center system; however if I can't get past the uninstall of the Windows 7 version this is not possible.

Any directions provided for a manual uninstall would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

BenSanford

Post by BenSanford » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:11 am

I upgraded my win7x64 system to win 8 (keeping old software, etc.) rather than a clean install. I had the same problems in installing the software to the Ceton tuner (not the My Media Center software), but I was able to successfully uninstall the tuner software using the remove programs function available in control panel. What happens when you try to do that?
Ben Sanford
Falls Church, VA

KeatinEric

Post by KeatinEric » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:07 am

Before I manually tried to remove it, attempting to uninstall it from "Programs and Features" (Uninstall a program) was another way where it would start the uninstaller and then report that it couldn't continue because it only supported Windows 7 (x64) which was not the running OS. Since it will not run the setup because of the inappropriate OS, I can't seem to uninstall it either.