How to prevent guide auto scroll?

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
smith

HTPC Specs: Show details

How to prevent guide auto scroll?

Post by smith » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:41 pm

I'm sure this must have been asked before but I wasn't sure what to search for, 'auto scroll' didn't turn anything up.

Anyway, I find it quite annoying when scrolling through the guide in media centre and the guide starts to automatically scroll. The problem is that by the time I manage to stop it from scrolling it has skipped several days forward.

Is there some way to disable this in 7MC? Alternatively, is there a trick to stopping the auto scrolling?

Thanks.

makryger

Post by makryger » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Not sure of there's a good way around that... You may just want to not hold down the button as long. Though I'm a big fan of the skip forward button. It jumps ahead twelve hours. Easier to control than the autoscroll.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

smith

Post by smith » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:05 am

Ok, I was reading about the keys for skipping so I will try that.

The thing is that I don't hold down the button but tend to click it repeatedly, it will still start scrolling by it's self though, very frustrating.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:41 am

I think you could maybe do this with a Harmony remote?

I seem to remember doing it by mistake when adjusting the device settings for the PC.

It would probably affect things such as volume adjustment as well though if it was a repeat delay setting or something similar.

I use the ffwd/rewind buttons for 3hr skip in the guide quite a lot too.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.