Total Media Theater v6 released

staknhalo

HTPC Specs: Show details

Total Media Theater v6 released

Post by staknhalo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:15 am

http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatre/overview.html

Aside from a Metro interface for Win8 users, doesn't seem different from TMT5. Also, Cinavia was enabled in build 5.3.1.172 pf TMT5; so Cinavia will be in all builds of TMT6 and onward. Just figured I'd post this for those who want the latest :)

I actually use TMT3 for movie library/folder rip playback (more stable/reliable) and use TMT5 for physical disc playback (for Redbox/Netflix rentals) all from within Media Center. I'll be upgrading to 6 for the latter usage scenario to avoid any DRM conflicts on newer discs that might pop up.

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:29 am

Wow, it is 9.99 right now for owners of TMT5!!! Sweet! I'm pretty happy with Arcsoft on their upgrade policies. "The other vendor" would always rape me anytime they came out with a new release, which seemed like every few months.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:07 pm

Has anyone installed v6.0? Someone on AVS reported that installing v6 increased his boot time significantly on three systems. I installed it on my test system running Windows 7 without any issues.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:48 pm

I haven't yet. I heard it was only Win 8 that was being affected only by this bug.

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Scallica wrote:Has anyone installed v6.0? Someone on AVS reported that installing v6 increased his boot time significantly on three systems. I installed it on my test system without any issues.
Yeah, there is a thread in the Arcsoft forums about the slow boot issue. It's a problem for me right now. It mostly affects those of us with an SSD. Fortunately it's not a problem for me, as I boot my machine and leave it booted. It doesn't effect standby/resume.

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:53 pm

staknhalo wrote:I haven't yet. I heard it was only Win 8 that was being affected only by this bug.
Win 7 too. I have the issue. You need to have an SSD to have the prob.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:10 pm

woodchuck wrote:
staknhalo wrote:I haven't yet. I heard it was only Win 8 that was being affected only by this bug.
Win 7 too. I have the issue. You need to have an SSD to have the prob.
Ah, I heard about people disabling fastboot to no avail; so I assumed it was only 8.