Getting audio but no video on XBOX

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
stumphre

HTPC Specs: Show details

Getting audio but no video on XBOX

Post by stumphre » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:40 pm

I just recently started using WMC to stream live tv and movies from my pc to Xbox so I'm still a little green here. I use Media Browser to play my movies and I can't figure out why some movies play fine while others I will get audio but no video. I'm sure it has something to do with the encoding, but I don't really know much about that stuff to fix the problem. I tried using Shark's codec pack and ffdshow and neither fixed the problem. But again, it's probably because I don't know enough to figure out what to do. I should add that everything plays fine when I play it on my pc, it's only when I try to play it in WMC on the xbox that the problem occurs.

All my movies are in .mp4 1080p format and just to test things out, I downloaded a 720p version of the same movie, also .mp4 and it worked when the 1080p version didn't. I've searched all over this board and mediabrowser.tv and can't really seem to find anything that helps.

Also a side note, I'm wondering why some movies in Media Broswer, some of the movie titles are white while others are like a darker grey.

Thanks for the help!
Last edited by stumphre on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skybolt

Post by Skybolt » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Just for a future referance, I wouldn't bring up torrents here.

As for the blank screen, try setting up Shark's codec pack via Assassin's guide for 7MC over at AVS. Google it and you should be fine.
You may want to try ripping a DVD (one you own) to MKV format using MakeMKV. This will help validate that Shark is setup right.
Further, from that you will need to post your complete setup, your TV could simply not support 1080P, the xbox not set for 1080 output, etc.

stumphre

Post by stumphre » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:43 am

I've tried Sharks and didn't help. But I'll try ripping one of my dvd's to test things out, though I have a few .mkv files and they play fine. My tv is 1080p and xbox is set to it as well. I'm thinking it may have to do with the encoding on certain movies. Because a lot of my 1080p movies play just fine, it's only some that don't. But I'll do some more testing.