Arcsoft TMT5 and 24p can you explain ?

STC

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by STC » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:30 pm

I didn't explain it very well but thankfully you got the gist of it lol :D
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:58 pm

bruce73 wrote:
newfiend wrote:
cw-kid wrote:One thing I have noticed is I have black bars left and right of the picture as well as top and bottom. I don't recall it having a gap left and right before and not filling the entire width of the screen.

When I set the desktop to 50Hz in ATI CCC I also had to use the scaling option to push out the desktop out to fill the TV screen, this is normal however and I usually have to use this scaling option in CCC.
Hmm.. Interesting. I'm running an Nvidia GT430.. I'll post back If I have the same issue or not..
newfiend~
newfiend, I need to hijack this thread for a minute -- I have a GT430 as well. When I try to bitstream in TMT3, it crashes. It plays nice with TMT5, though. Have you any experience with this, or have you heard mention if it? Arcsoft support is woefully slow getting back to me. Thanks.

{We now return you to our regularly scheduled program, already in progress ...}
@ bruce73..
Unfortunately I upgraded to TMT5 the day it came out..So I never had the issue. Wish I could help but I uninstalled TMT3 a long time ago.
I would suggest Installing only TMT5 and the latest update .114 hopefully that will fix the issue for you. I have been able to watch all my Blu-Rays and bitstream DTS and True HD no problem. Currently letting my kids watch Rango bitstreaming DTS-HD at 24p in WMC as I type this.

@cw-kid ...No black bars on the sides for me pre .114 or post .114. It fills the screen for me automatically. 24p works in MC for me. Initially when i started Rango TMT5 crashed on me back to MC main menu but I was able to reopen TMT5 and It played fine from there. 24p is working as well as bitstreaming DTS-HD ..Man I love Blu-Ray.. It just looks and sounds so damn good! lol (i do have bars top and bottom as usual though sides are edge to edge)

@ everyone else... I have a Harmony One Remote and the Info button does not display the information bar in TMT5 do you guys know how I can fix that? AFAIK it works fine with the rest of MC just not TMT5...Suggestions?
newfiend~

bruce73

Post by bruce73 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:25 am

@newfiend: I have no problems with the GT-430 and TMT5, works beautifully. Just with TMT3, which I've kept installed because it will often play ripped .iso files that TMT5 won't for some reason.

Speaking of which, Apocalypse Now won't load with .113/.114. It does with .87, which is why I reverted back (although I miss the 1.0 LPCM fix in .113). And since I have to rely on AnyDVD for the 24/60 toggling (I wish I could figure out why that doesn't work with TMT5), I can wait until Arcsoft issues the next update.

I have a Harmony One too and haven't been able to figure out how to access the Info bar either. I'll let you know if I come across an answer.

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:06 am

The info button works fine in TMT5 with my Harmony 895
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:26 pm

stonethecrows wrote:Interesting, as it does work well for me (allthough I really wish they could make it work inside of WMC).
Erm, hang about - I think it is working for me within WMC. My evidence for that is that when I tried the beta (.113), when I played Blu-rays in WMC, once TMT5 had taken over, I had an overscan issue. I found that this was because the refresh rate had been changed to 23.97Hz by TMT5 running in WMC, and my Catalyst drivers treated this as a totally new set of parameters. Since the default on Catalyst seems to be to have 15% underscan, I was seeing black borders round the screen. Once I told Catalyst that a 23.97Hz refresh rate should be treated as 0% overscan, along with my default 50Hz, I no longer had black borders.

Thus, my inference from all this is that TMT5 running within MCE does indeed switch refresh rates automatically...
Geoff Coupe

STC

Post by STC » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Info works with my Harmony One and TMT5 .114

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Well I have to say the guys at Arcsoft have done a stellar job with TMT5. I used PowerDVD 10 over TMT3 for a long time and preferred PowerDVD but TMT is now the best Blu-ray player for WMC without a doubt, good job as well if we will have no dolby support in Windows 8? We are going to need it when not bit-streaming audio to an AVR, which is likely to be the case in most other rooms where you don't have an AVR i.e not the living room - but where you do have an MCE PC and stereo amp + speakers i.e. the bedroom or where ever else.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:23 am

I agree, Love TMT5. I think once all the bugs are worked out and the next patch is released they will have a very solid product. I love that they support their software even after the release and work pretty hard to include support to other software like MyMovies etc. I wish other companies would be willing to support each other like this (can you hear me iMON?? Some TMT5 support for your display would be GREAT).
Very happy with my Arcsoft product purchases both TMT3 and 5 have been great.
newfiend~

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:44 pm

Is anyone using TMT5 as an external player for MKV files? I thought I'd heard you could now switch audio tracks and subtitles of MKV files with TMT5 ?

I might try and set it up as an external player in the My Movies options, what you think?
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

bruce73

Post by bruce73 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:14 pm

@cw-kid: I've tried it, now that TMT5 supports bitstreaming/subs with MKVs (not sure about switching audio tracks, but I think that's part of 113/114 also -- I've reverted back to 87, so I can't check). If you watch a lot of subtitled material (I do), you might find the font too small (you can increase it during playback, but it's a PITA and there's no settings control to make the size permanent). TMT5 is getting there, but I still prefer Daum's PotPlayer for media files because of the increased functionality.

MSattler

Post by MSattler » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:48 am

So, I get 24P on my 52" Samsung A750 without issue using the stand alone player. Should I be getting 24p using the Media Center TMT5 player as well?

-Marcus

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:13 am

MSattler wrote:So, I get 24P on my 52" Samsung A750 without issue using the stand alone player. Should I be getting 24p using the Media Center TMT5 player as well?

-Marcus
Yes, it's working for me in WMC on version .114 of Tmt5
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

MSattler

Post by MSattler » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:08 pm

cw-kid wrote:
MSattler wrote:So, I get 24P on my 52" Samsung A750 without issue using the stand alone player. Should I be getting 24p using the Media Center TMT5 player as well?

-Marcus
Yes, it's working for me in WMC on version .114 of Tmt5
Odd, I'll have to check again tonight. Are you using the full player for playback or the TMT5 player designed for WMC? The full player works, the WMC player appears to play 60hz not 24p.

-Marcus

bruce73

Post by bruce73 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Do those of you, who are successfully getting 24fps playback, have ATI cards? I have an NV GT-430 and cannot get Autorefresh working at all on .114.

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:31 pm

newfiend wrote:I agree, Love TMT5. I think once all the bugs are worked out and the next patch is released they will have a very solid product. I love that they support their software even after the release and work pretty hard to include support to other software like MyMovies etc. I wish other companies would be willing to support each other like this (can you hear me iMON?? Some TMT5 support for your display would be GREAT).
Very happy with my Arcsoft product purchases both TMT3 and 5 have been great.
newfiend~
Totally agree! I had been a PowerDVD user a year or so ago and got tired of their yearly releases being purely paid bug fixes. THANK YOU ARCSOFT! Great support!

Bruce73- My auto refresh works and I'm on an ATI card.

STC

Post by STC » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:46 pm

bruce73 wrote:Do those of you, who are successfully getting 24fps playback, have ATI cards? I have an NV GT-430 and cannot get Autorefresh working at all on .114.
I have the perfect test platform to report to you:
Changed out an ATI HD5750 to an Nvidia GT430 today.
TMT5 used to change refresh fine using the ATI, but does not with the Nvidia card.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:48 am

how are you checking your Refresh Rate in TMT5?

STC

Post by STC » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:58 am

I'm pressing info on my TV remote.

STC

Post by STC » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:00 am

What Nvidia driver are you folks on? I'm on 280.26. Downloaded and installed today. 64bit.

bruce73

Post by bruce73 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:32 am

stonethecrows wrote:
bruce73 wrote:Do those of you, who are successfully getting 24fps playback, have ATI cards? I have an NV GT-430 and cannot get Autorefresh working at all on .114.
I have the perfect test platform to report to you:
Changed out an ATI HD5750 to an Nvidia GT430 today.
TMT5 used to change refresh fine using the ATI, but does not with the Nvidia card.
Thanks. That's what I needed to know. I wrote to Arcsoft support about it.

So I've been using AnyDVD to do the rez change but (and this could be my imagination) it seems as if, when it changes to 24fps, the screen seems a little brighter as if the levels have changed. I have the video coming into the PC port of my DLP (needed for 3D), and am wondering if this is why. Is AnyDVD doing a step up (or is it a step down ??), as well as the rez change?