Black Friday - Just Another Day

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
adam1991

HTPC Specs: Show details

Black Friday - Just Another Day

Post by adam1991 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:27 am

[Split from: What are you getting for Black Friday?]

A good morning's sleep.

Remember, it's just another day in 99.9% of the world, and virtually 100% of the universe. Nothing to see here. Move along.

STC

Post by STC » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:30 am

^ Um, maybe best to keep off the caffeine I think... ;) :lol:
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:36 am

hehehe I remember the dreaded "Y2K!" fervor. My favorite recollection is a front page newspaper article, complete with picture, of a local law firm that set up a little room with typewriters and candles--"just in case".

And of course, the rest of the world--those not on our calendar--looked at us like we were nuts. It was just another Thursday in their lives, or whatever.

I'm getting a few more hours of sleep. That beats any "gadget for gadgets' sake" purchase, believe you me.

Back to your regularly scheduled threading...

STC

Post by STC » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:43 am

In my case I need the 32GB. Certainly not a buy-on-a-whim jobbie.
This particular sale has saved me 60 bucks. This thread is about BF deals.

Enjoy your kip! :)
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:20 pm

adam1991 wrote:hehehe I remember the dreaded "Y2K!" fervor. My favorite recollection is a front page newspaper article, complete with picture, of a local law firm that set up a little room with typewriters and candles--"just in case".

And of course, the rest of the world--those not on our calendar--looked at us like we were nuts. It was just another Thursday in their lives, or whatever.

I'm getting a few more hours of sleep. That beats any "gadget for gadgets' sake" purchase, believe you me.

Back to your regularly scheduled threading...
My employer brought in extra diesel fuel for the generators, port-a-toilets, and hand wash stations. They forced several of us (me included) to sit at work at midnight on 12/31/1999 (I missed the biggest party of my life) so that we could test everything and make sure that the world wasn't going to end. It was as if the testing we did earlier, by setting the system clocks on all of our test systems to 1/1/2000, wasn't good enough or something.