Valkyrie Tech HDMI-CEC Software

woodchuck

HTPC Specs: Show details

Valkyrie Tech HDMI-CEC Software

Post by woodchuck » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi Guys-

I recently purchased a rainshadowtech HDMI CEC adapter for my HTPC to replace the old serial control I had setup for my plasma. The ValkyrieTech software has so many more options than my old serial hack, but it is missing one critical thing. It does not have the ability to put the TV into standby when the computer enters away mode. It works fine for standby. The problem here is that a user may have walked away from the TV, and the PC enters away mode because recordings are taking place. I'd still want the display to shut off, just like it would if the PC actually was entering standby. Does anyone know of a way to send in a feature request to ValkyrieTech? Their forums are completely loaded with spam and crap.

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:07 pm

You may be able to run a special script using media center standby tool...
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:14 pm

or possibly eventghost?

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:11 pm

makryger wrote:You may be able to run a special script using media center standby tool...
Yeah, that was exactly my thought. I had been using MST to run a script to do some of these things via serial cable to my TV. I'd rather not go back to doing that because the serial cable solution ignores what source the TV is using. So if I'm playing Wii, the TV will still shutdown when the computer stands by. With CEC, this isn't a problem, and it has lots of other cool features.

My current plan is try try and write a script, triggered by MST's registry event for Away Mode, and hopefully find a way to send a shutdown packet to the TV via HDMI-CEC. The problem is that I'm a hack when it comes to programming!!!

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:32 pm

Anyone know a bit about HDMI-CEC commands? Is is possible to send a single command to shutdown the TV, only if it is on the source the command is coming from? Or do I need to first query the TV, then send a second command to shutdown only if it is tuned to the source my HTPC is on?