Live TV: Cannot Play Video

shiftlocked

HTPC Specs: Show details

Live TV: Cannot Play Video

Post by shiftlocked » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Sigh, windows 7 was working soooo lovely with no problems....

Hopefully the good people of TGB can help me out here.

I'm getting the below error message every time I try to watch Live TV. Try as I might I cant shift this error message. TV tuner is supported, worked just fine in windows 7 etc

Cannot Play Video The file type is not recognised and cannot be played. Either the correct codec (a file that compresses/decompresses audio or video) is not installed or the file is corrupt.
Have tried disabling MCE, rebooting, enabling MCE with another reboot and doing a re install over the top

FFD Show has since been installed as well to try that and right now I'm at a loss

Any ideas out there?

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:53 pm

Sometimes this error message is triggered by your audio setup, even though it says it's a video problem.

Check the steps in this post, and see if they help:
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 829#p32829

shiftlocked

Post by shiftlocked » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:04 pm

Well I got it working in the end.

Despite windows choosing the right drivers for my cards none of them were working. I headed over to Terratec and checked for updated drivers. Now oddly these were the same version numbers as that which I had already used.

Downloaded the drivers again but they were a different file size. Installed, rebooted, scanned and can now watch TV on MCE. That's one card down, wonder if I can get my freeview unit to work.

Thanks for the tip Foxwood :D