CBS guide listings all goofed up

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
adam1991

HTPC Specs: Show details

CBS guide listings all goofed up

Post by adam1991 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:14 am

For those here in the US, you know that CBS goofed their entire schedule Monday night, apparently at the last minute. Instead of showing new shows, they chose to show reruns instead--no doubt due to the storm.

In addition, they simply pre-empted the entire 10pm hour for storm coverage, wiping Hawaii 5-0 out completely.

The last-minute nature of these changes meant that WMC recorded what it thought were new episodes of 2 Broke Girls, How I Met Your Mother, and of course Hawaii 5-0. But what we got were the reruns.

Now I'm concerned that if those shows do get shown next week, WMC won't bother to record them because history will show they've been recorded. Can I clear the item in question from the history individually? Or should I just temporarily change those series to record new and rerun, or maybe just look for and record that show individually? Or should I just go ahead and clear the history completely?

Also, I'm seeing weirdness in the guide data, all related to this. Next Monday, my SD channel shows that CBS is showing the missed show--but the corresponding HD channel is still showing what was originally next week's show.

I have to believe that this will sort itself out as the week progresses, but I'll have to pay attention to make sure.

richard1980

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by richard1980 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:55 am

AFAIK, you can't clear a single recording from the history. What I did is set up a generic keyword recording using some main words in the episode info as my keywords, then I set the record settings to record every time and new & rerun (these are settings specific to this recording).