Missing Channels in Media Center Guide

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
kingwr

HTPC Specs: Show details

Missing Channels in Media Center Guide

Post by kingwr » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:17 am

Back when DirecTV was in dispute with Viacom over Nick channels and such, they disappeared from the guide on my Media Center. Thank you guide data source for keeping Media Center from recording a bunch of black screens. However, when the dispute was settled, and the Nick channels were added back to DirecTV, the channels never reappeared. How can I get the channels back in Media Center for DirecTV?

EDIT: The dispute was settled and the channels added back in July (not a year ago, as I previously suggested). I guess time goes by much more slowly without my Nick channels.
Last edited by kingwr on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:20 am

Are the channels listed at Zap2it.com? If not, submit this form. If the channels are listed at Zap2it but are not showing up in WMC, go to Tasks > Settings > TV > Guide > Edit Channels. Check to see if the channels are listed. If they are, make sure they are checked. If they are unchecked, they will not appear in the EPG. If the channels are not listed here, you will need to submit a ticket on Microsoft Connect.

kingwr

Post by kingwr » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:41 am

Thanks. The listings were in Zap2it.com but not in the Edit Channels list in the Guide settings. However, I was able to use the Guide Settings to add the channel numbers and tie them to the proper listings (which were in the downloaded guide data, just without DirecTV channel numbers, evidently). Very strange. I didn't know anything about these capabilities in Media Center before this. Hopefully I haven't messed something up for future updates.

I went ahead an submitted a ticket on Connect.