m4gicfour

HTPC Specs: Show details

Vista MC issue - Not sending IR command for certain channels

Post by m4gicfour » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:48 am

Here's the setup.

Vista WMC W/MCE Remote + IR Blaster
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 (PCI)
Sasktel MAX STB connected via S-Video

WMC is set up, has correct guide listings, remote codes are learned.

WMC will tune (or more correctly it will send IR commands to tell the STB to tune) for any channel outside of the range 200-399 despite the fact that channel range is present in MC's channel list and guide (yes, those channels are subscribed as well. Even if they weren't, the STB will tune to the nearest subscribed channel if an invalid channel number is sent).

If a channel is selected (Via scheduled recording, Guide, or numpad) inside that channel range, WMC will show onscreen that it has changed to that channel but the IR command is never sent to the box. (The IR diode that came with the MCE Receiver/transmitter has a small red SMD LED inside the plastic that houses the transmitter IR diode which illuminates whenever the IR diode is powered. So if I was to select channel 027, it would blink three times. The lack of this blinking is how I deduced it was not sending the command)

Everything was working previously , until the computer was infected with a virus or the OS install was otherwise corrupted and had to be restored from a hidden OEM Restore partition. As such, it's more or less a clean install of Vista, updated to SP2 via Windows Update.

Any ideas? Need any more info?

scyto

Post by scyto » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:44 am

Umm don't use vista?

Have you tried an alternate IR blaster, I wonder if you have a coincidental fault?

m4gicfour

Post by m4gicfour » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:11 am

Yes, same result.