Yamaha RX-A2010 AVR

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
barnabas1969

HTPC Specs: Show details

Yamaha RX-A2010 AVR

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:19 am

Sorry, but I've been preoccupied with my new AVR today. I LOVE this thing! A few years ago, I ripped a bunch of my CD's... hoping to use them in my car... my head unit could read mp3's off of DVD media... so I could put my whole CD collection on a few DVD's. Well... Sirius satellite radio took care of that. This new AVR has Pandora, Rhapsody, Napster, Sirius Internet Radio and can tune any Internet radio streaming/podcast site you can throw at it (as long as it streams in mp3 or wma). Plus, it can play from a PC's music library (via Media Player's music library). I'm as happy as a pig in poop. So, I copied my mp3's to my HTPC. And... I can control it with my smart phone from the yard! I've gotta finish ripping the rest of my CD's! This thing is awesome!

I may be out of date... my old AVR was 11 years old. Is this a normal thing with today's AVR's? Can they all stream from DLNA sources and Internet radio these days?

I have a few minor HDMI-CEC complaints... but I'm getting a new RainshadowTech HDMI-CEC->USB bridge, plus the RCAware.com plugin for EventGhost in a couple of days. I should be able to control and trigger from (and diagnose/log) events on the HDMI-CEC bus, and control the whole thing. I'm excited. You can't tell, right?

Welcome to 2012!