*Fixed*Don't reformat anytime soon or log out of Netflix app

staknhalo

HTPC Specs: Show details

*Fixed*Don't reformat anytime soon or log out of Netflix app

Post by staknhalo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:21 am

Just a heads up guys. Someone posted over at the Microsoft forum that on a newly set up WMC, he couldn't log into Netflix. I replicated the problem on my end as well as I had not yet set up WMC on my desktop machine. Netflix is telling the guy it's not their responsibility, it's Microsoft's. If you're already signed into the Netflix app there should be no problems. On my HTPC the app streamed fine. Just don't log out or reformat until this is resolved.

Hope it was alright to post in this section, just trying to save some headaches like the whole DNS issue with Netflix. Memories :P

Here's the thread incase you want to keep track:
http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows ... 01341.aspx

*Update*

I have figured out what the issue was, here is what I reported at the WEC site:

I found out what happened and how to resolve it. I started having issues with the website InstantWatcher as well. I would log in and it would tell me my account can not watch instantly. All other Netflix apps that were ALREADY signed in were still working perfectly. I have also logged into the Netflix website and started up an instant movie many times since this started. One random time though, when I logged in, it went directly to my secondary user account I created a while back, not the primary. I had used this just to make a separate DVD queue. I realized that had to have been it, the apps were logging into the secondary account. Netflix doesn't provide a way to delete secondary users, you have to call and have it deleted. After I did this all is working perfectly again. I can log in to new apps no problem.
Last edited by staknhalo on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:26 am

Probably just need to run Netflix from IE first. It is likely something like silverlight not installed or netflix app may rely on machine authorizing first through the web app. I'd try that first and confirm that Netflix streaming works from IE on the machine. Then try again.
Greg

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:12 am

I think it was an intermittent issue. I just installed the Netflix plugin on my desktop WMC and I was able to log in successfully.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:19 pm

gpatlanta wrote:Probably just need to run Netflix from IE first. It is likely something like silverlight not installed or netflix app may rely on machine authorizing first through the web app. I'd try that first and confirm that Netflix streaming works from IE on the machine. Then try again.
Negative, gave that a shot last night. See pic below.

Scallica wrote:I think it was an intermittent issue. I just installed the Netflix plugin on my desktop WMC and I was able to log in successfully.
Maybe locale based? Still getting it on this end.

Screenshot:

Bill

Post by Bill » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:34 am

I just installed the netflix add in for WMC 7 and it's working really well. No issues.
HTPCs, InfiniTVs, and Extenders OH MY!

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:39 pm

Issue has been resolved, I explained the fix in the first post.