Fios TV on WMC

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
bluezr1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Fios TV on WMC

Post by bluezr1 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:37 pm

I just ordered a Verizon fios cable card and Hauppauge WinTv Cable Card Tuner (USB) to use with wmc7. I looked everywhere and even asked the same question on Verizon forums and haven't received a reply.

The question I have is, will I need a tuner adapter as well?

Another question I have is, can I pick up a splitter from say radio shack to the replace the one currently installed (2-way, line in and 2 out. One goes to a set top box for TV and the other one to the router for internet.) So I would need a 3-way splinter or is verizon going to send someone to my house. I'm not sure yet, because they haven't sent me an email yet. They did charge $9.00 for shipping and handling.

Thanks in advance,

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:09 pm

FiOS does not use tuning adapters. Provided signal strength is adequate (which is generally not a problem on FiOS) you can add a splitter
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

bluezr1

Post by bluezr1 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:47 pm

erkotz wrote:FiOS does not use tuning adapters. Provided signal strength is adequate (which is generally not a problem on FiOS) you can add a splitter
Thanks bud, I was worried that when I got everything setup I wouldn't get all the stations. So any 3-way splitter will work or are some better than others?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:55 am

You would want a high-quality splitter rated to 1GHz. Personally, I'd recommend you get a splitter from your cable operator, if possible, rather than from Radio Shack. Odds are the one from your MSO will be higher quality.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation