Dolphin Wii Emulator

lithium630

HTPC Specs: Show details

Dolphin Wii Emulator

Post by lithium630 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:28 pm

Has anyone tried incorporating the Dolphin Wii Emulator with Media Center. My kids Wii crapped out and it looks interesting. I haven't tried it yet but I'm not sure that it could be remote friendly.

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Just found the Gamebrowser plugin for Media Browser. Looks like a great addition to the htpc if it all works well.

http://www.gamebrowser.tv/wii/setup.html

nxsfan

Post by nxsfan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Yes it works well with the Dolphin Emulator. While I don't play wii games on my PC, I do have a number of gamecube games that I launch directly from GameBrowser via Dolphin.

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:11 pm

nxsfan wrote:Yes it works well with the Dolphin Emulator. While I don't play wii games on my PC, I do have a number of gamecube games that I launch directly from GameBrowser via Dolphin.
How do you exit each game and return to media center?

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:14 am

i'd also be interested in this. some of the earlier nintendo emulators allowed you to map a controller button. i used to use autohotkey to map Alt+F4 to one of the buttons but as it was the only thing i used autohotkey for i removed it. since then i'm picking up the keyboard

Kustom Kid

Post by Kustom Kid » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:45 am

Check out GameEx. It's a front end for emulators and integrates well with Media Center. It will create a strip for you or you can launch it from the extras menu. It closes MC when launched and will reopen it when closed or when you hit the green button. Also, the media center remote can be used to browse through the menus in GameEx. It's free with a nag screen or $20 for a lifetime license. Well worth the money in my opinion. The community is fantastic also if you have any problems. Oh the site is www.gameex.com.

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:28 am

i might give it a try but i use gamebrowser. the price is much better and its the only issue i have

Webbe

Post by Webbe » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:57 am

bobbob wrote:i'd also be interested in this. some of the earlier nintendo emulators allowed you to map a controller button. i used to use autohotkey to map Alt+F4 to one of the buttons but as it was the only thing i used autohotkey for i removed it. since then i'm picking up the keyboard
Sorry to revive an old thread (first relevant post on google...) I'd be interested in a better exit method (aside from mapping a key on my controller) but that would be something the developers would have to add...

I will note that if you add the command switch /b (-b does not work) that will run the emulator as batch and exit when the game exits (then you can use the escape key, which many other emulators use) This will exit the game and the dolphin game browser.