TGB.tv donations drive !

The Green Button has risen from the grave. Brought back to life by a few enthusiasts who think the same way you do. Help us make this site better!
holidayboy

HTPC Specs: Show details

TGB.tv donations drive !

Post by holidayboy » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:47 am

Hi all,

Just a quick post to see if any of our members are willing / able to make a small donation to help cover our running costs?

I completely understand that times are hard for a lot of folks and many people are unable to offer any financial support.

Please don't feel pressured into donating if you are not in a position to do so comfortably!

I've been looking at ways to reduce our running costs (not advertising!!!) - we're currently running on a VPS host (our largest single cost at £454.00 GBP ($567.00 USD) per year - we upgraded from shared hosting when we were seeing high levels of traffic (before MS killed Media Center off!). We could likely operate (albeit with lower levels of performance) using shared hosting instead now.

I'm also going to shop around to see if any hosting companies are offering discounts for new customer etc.

Our yearly running costs at present are approx. £595.00 GBP ($744.00 USD).

Donations received in the last 12 months (before PayPal fees) = £81.00 GBP ($100.00 USD).

If any members are able to offer any help then it will be much appreciated and gratefully received!

The PayPal donation link is on the right side of the NavBar next to the Smartfeed link (when logged into the forums).

Donation link: TheGreenButton.tv donation Page

Thanks folks.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:05 am

I completely missed this. I suspect this subforum is not visited very often and there are some rather old pinned posts at the top.

Gary (EPG123) is also being hit by increased operating costs. Perhaps it is time for a more concerted (and visible) drive for both causes?
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:35 pm

My input is if anyone is willing to open their pockets, prioritize this site. I may have an acceptable (cheaper) path to handle my cost increase. The bigger impact to the community will be if this site can no longer be maintained.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:19 am

Thank you to the people who have recently donated, it's very much appreciated.
Rob.

Kevin Chalet

Post by Kevin Chalet » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:26 pm

I just saw this thread and I'm more than happy to contribute (that would be an absolute disaster if TGB disappeared...)

May I suggest pinning this thread to make it a bit more visible?

BennyHillFan

Post by BennyHillFan » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:48 pm

Is there a "suggested" donation ? I've just done $50, and I've no idea if this is "reasonable" or just "chump change".

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:58 am

Hi, there is no suggested donation amount - any amount is much appreciated :thumbup:

Thank you to everybody that has donated :clap:
Rob.