Anyone have experience with Event Ghost?

hotbuddha

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by hotbuddha » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:00 pm

I know this is a year old thread but I have not been active with media center or HDMI-CEC in a while and have good info on this topic...

The button maps on RCAware include both short and long key pressing. The default mapping for the FF/RW buttons are normal press = skip forward/back and a long press = fast forward/rewind. The amount of time for a long press depends on brand (samsung might be 1/4 second, sony might be 2/3 second, etc). The rcaware button mapping screen allows you to map normal and long press behavior for any and all keys (of course depending on brand some keys will have this capability and some will not, you will have to experiment to find out which). So you have virtually twice as many keys to map then are on your remote. And if you don't want to map a key to a keyboard shortcut you can tell RCAware to raise an event in Eventghost and do a macro off of it (and by macro here we are not talking about some limited harmony IR stuff, we are talking serious powerful whatever you can imagine stuff in Eventghost).

Also in regards to some brands "not allowing" other brand's CEC to work with their equipment it is true that they try to enforce that but RCAware is programmed to get around all that by recognizing the brands and sending codes to them pretending to be the same brand. RCAware works just as well for Sony as it does with Samsung. I also feel it works extremely well on Panasonic. Other brand's like LG are supported but LG remotes don't pass as many keys via CEC (just direction, pause play stop etc) but everything else like sleep wake etc are supported just as well).

barnabas1969

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:19 am

Wow... hotbuddha has returned from the grave!

Too bad he hasn't answered my e-mails and posts on the EG forum for the past 18 months or more.