Program lists not complete for all channels

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
chobe

HTPC Specs: Show details

Program lists not complete for all channels

Post by chobe » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:55 am

I successfully installed and completed setup of EPG123 (epg123Setup_v1.3.3.40). Program guide was created in WMC and most channels load as expected when selecting from the guide. The exceptions are any channel I manually added using the call sign since there is no digital channel for programs like discovery channel (not sure I understand why). These channels are added to the guide and load when selected, however there are no program listings - each say "No data available..." Also am not getting any icon for manually added channels.

I tried manually re-importing .mxf file, rebuilding WMC database, and downloading latest program guide in WMC all to no avail.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:03 am

chobe wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:55 am The exceptions are any channel I manually added using the call sign since there is no digital channel for programs like discovery channel (not sure I understand why).
Not sure what this all means. Are you ClearQAM? Digital Cable? I don't understand why you would have to manually add the channel.

Either way, it just sounds like the listings have not been mapped to your added channels. Take a look here on how to manually do that.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

chobe

Post by chobe » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:55 pm

Not really sure but believe it's ClearQam. I did try to automatically map all channels per setup guide, but nothing happened when clicking #Number button. I then manually mapped all channels I could by call sign. That's where I ran into problems - the Lineup Services did not list any call signs for channels like TNT, Discovery Channel, and others provided by cable service.

I looked at channel lineup in my HDHomeRun Prime and tried using same call sign and channel number in EPG123. This does add the channel to Windows Media Center's program guide and I can select the channel for viewing from guide, but for these specific channels guide shows "No Data Available".

I noticed this morning, all of these added channels no longer where showing up at all in WMC program guide and when I checked EPG Client, all of these channels where unchecked in far left side (Channel Guide?)

Not sure how to proceed at this point....

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:10 pm

Yes, definitely sounds like ClearQAM. Unfortunately, neither a Match by: [# Number] nor Match by: [ Call Sign] will work with ClearQAM. You will have to manually map the guide listings (right side) to the merged channel (left side). The latest version I released will now show you which ClearQAM channels are encrypted and which aren't.

If you do not have a guide listing attached to a merged channel, and have the option to 'Automatically match' or 'Automatch' enabled, then that channel will be disabled in the guide. If the channel has a guide listings, then it should be left alone. To be safe, I would delete your current task and create it again without the 'Automatch' enabled. The automatch only uses the channel numbers to compare between the guide listings and the tuner channels which does no good for ClearQAM.

So to manually match a guide listing to a channel, select the channel on the left (it will be highlighted), and then right-click the station on the right. Select 'Subscribe' and that channel now has the guide listings in WMC.
- Gary

chobe

Post by chobe » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:25 pm

Got it! Realized EPG was only showing lineup for OTA Channels. Saw you had released new version so decided to start over. Added HDHR2MXF to pull from HDHomeRun and everything, including auto mapping now working Great! Only sorry didn't use EPG123 years ago.

Thanks so much for the help and a great product!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:33 pm

Excellent. I didn't even think to ask if you had HDHR DVR Service. Using that, OTA and ClearQAM will get automatically mapped since the tuner knows what station it is.

Make sure you scheduled task is to run hdhr2mxf.exe and not epg123.exe.
- Gary