Xfinity Issue - Seal Team

mldenison

HTPC Specs: Show details

Xfinity Issue - Seal Team

Post by mldenison » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:45 pm

I'm able to record, via schedule, every show successfully. Except one.

Seal Team will start recording, then abort after a random number of minutes. It'll start recording again with a small gap. This will happen 6 to 8 times during the one hour show. It's the only show that does this.

Any clues about what to do?

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:47 pm

A guess... under WMC Settings > General > Automatic Download Options, are any tasks set to run during this timeframe? Or in Windows scheduler? I don't think it should matter, but I've read of issues...

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Is this OTA or Cable?

Go to setting->TV->Guide->Edit Channels and select your CBS channel that you are trying to record on. Click the Edit Sources button and take a look at all the sources. At the bottom of the page, you will see a Quality percent for each one... if any are low, then your signal is probably going in-and-out. Note that the recording tuners (sources) you are looking at are not necessarily the same sources you use while viewing live. If you have some sources with high quality, then disable those sources with the low quality.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:31 pm

No tasks scheduled. Other channels recording during the same timeframe are fine. I'll try Gary's suggestion. I'm cable only.

Thanks

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:20 am

mldenison wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:31 pm No tasks scheduled. Other channels recording during the same timeframe are fine. I'll try Gary's suggestion. I'm cable only.

Thanks
With cable only, they all should probably say 100%. I don't know if the preview will be able to show you anything while looking at the sources to see if it has problems.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:15 am

They all say 100% like you said. The strangeness of WMC and I'll guess I'll have to put up with it. Could be Xfinity, or the Ceton ETH cards, or the network, or the Ceton drivers, or the PC, or Windows 7, or....