Remote Potato on Android!

adam1991

HTPC Specs: Show details

Remote Potato on Android!

Post by adam1991 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:55 am

All the buzz on the web this Christmas season has anything that isn't an iPad or an EEE Transformer Prime being called a "crappy tablet'. Let the snobs prattle on; there's one of those "crappy tablets" in the house here (Vizio, $190), and I just hooked it up with Remote Potato via the Remote Media Center app.

Works fine.

Kewl.

Glitchy

Post by Glitchy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Based on your post, I downloaded and setup REMOTE POTATO.

This is amazing SH*T.

I have over 7.5 TBs of recorded tV/tv Movies.

Set it up ..... and .......

Streamed 3 different HD shows, all at highest quality to my laptop, android tablet and android phone all at the same time (while using an extender 360S), without a hitch. (all over wifi, but intranet, and WAN with ip/dns dchp redirection. Sure the 3g/4g will be fine!

AMAZING!!!

Will be donating soon and more than a beer!

I have a couple of requests on the UI for RP and the Android client ... but who cares!

Jeff

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:12 pm

Christmas Eve my family were at my father-in-law's house. I was early, so I sat down to find some stuff on the TV while I waited. I thought, hey, he has a cableco box; maybe he has Rocket City Rednecks on demand or something.

Time Warner cable, out in the sticks.

Ohmigod. What an utter piece of absolute shiite that is.

And yet, the masses have been brainwashed into believing that that experience is NORMAL.

that T-W box is like a Russian car from the 50s. When it's all you have, you take it.

Wow. Windows may not be the most stable thing to deal with, and I may end up tearing my hair out on a few things if I start fiddling, but...that cableco box was so atrocious. If I were him, I'd simply stop watching TV rather than put up with that load of crap.

7MC rules. And then add Remote Potato....

lsujay

Post by lsujay » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:32 am

Really doesn't get any better... Stream all recorded TV plus all files on you home computer from away (great to keep my 2 year old busy while on the road).

I've also found that you can practically watch live TV on the app... just find something you would like to watch now in the guide and set it to record, once it has been recording for a couple of minutes go back to your Recorded TV and start streaming... Works great over HSPA+ on my Motorola Atrix...