Guide flagging new episodes as repeats?

awdorrin

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide flagging new episodes as repeats?

Post by awdorrin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:11 am

For the past few weeks, I have been missing recordings.
I finally realized what is going on, the guide has the shows flagged as repeat and are not being recorded because I have the 'new episodes' flag checked.

Is there anything I can do about this Rovi listing service, or should I just go through all of my scheduled recordings and change them to record repeats as well?

Thanks

Space

Post by Space » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:34 am

At this point I have to believe that Rovi/TiVo at least knows about this problem. If they are going to fix it is anybodies guess.

My advice is to set you Series to "New & Rerun" and a specific channel unless it is a channel that airs many older repeats (that you have not previously recorded) of that show.

The other alternative is to get a subscription to Schedules Direct ($25/year) and use EPG123 to get the old Gracenote data back again, which does not have this problem.

captain_video

Post by captain_video » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:18 pm

Check the original air date for the episodes in question. If they aired in the UK or Canada or elsewhere before being aired here they will be flagged as repeats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awdorrin

Post by awdorrin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:35 am

Thanks for the suggestion about the Schedules Direct. I'll have to check that out.

The last show that didn't record was NCIS on CBS.I don't think that airs elsewhere first. Luckily we watched it live, so didn't miss. But we missed several episodes of shows like Lethal Weapon on Fox, and The Odd Couple.