New HDHomerun Prime: MC says cable card not activated

TechLifeWeb

HTPC Specs: Show details

New HDHomerun Prime: MC says cable card not activated

Post by TechLifeWeb » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:17 am

My system was working before today. Had a Hauppauge 2250 and HD-PVR and HDHomeRun (tho old OTA kind). I removed the HD-PVR dirvers and the cable that goes to the Hauppauge and I set up everything to do with the HDHomerun prime. Everything appears to be working fine. I called the Time Warner to activate and they sent the ping. I can tune to a channel using the Silicondust HD View tool. Changed a channel using that and viewed a different channel.

In media center I ran Digital Cable Advisor and ran through TV Signal Setup. Everything appeared to work as expected. Except, now when I try to watch something it plays for a couple seconds then a box comes up telling me I have to activate my cable card.

I tried uninstalling PlayReady and reinstalling and updating that followed by re-doing TV Signal setup. Still in the same spot.

So, I'm missing something or I need to nuke and reset something. Ideas?

Thanks
Twitter: @TechLifeWeb

TechLifeWeb

Post by TechLifeWeb » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:55 am

My bad. Hate it when that happens.

I double checked the Silicondust diagnostics page and found my card was activated but not validated. 40 minutes with TWC on the phone they finally got it resolved.
Twitter: @TechLifeWeb

DrSmith

Post by DrSmith » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:53 pm

I almost know the feeling. I have a Hauppauge 2650 that works fine, but I bought an HDHomeRun Prime to upgrade and replace it. However, the HDHomeRun sits in its original box in a closet because I am confident that only "bad things" will happen when I call CableCo to enable the swap. What could go wrong? Hah, CableCo support is always a crapshoot for this stuff.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:44 pm

Here in 48103, its a 3 call process. Over the years, Ive learned to not waste a lot of time on the first 2 calls.