2TB Free HDD WMC Says Full

Bee_Dee_3_Dee

HTPC Specs: Show details

2TB Free HDD WMC Says Full

Post by Bee_Dee_3_Dee » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:59 pm

i get the "Disk Full" error from WMC after recording less than 3 minuets. On a 2TB drive that has nothing but the .tmp.sbf files in the "\Recorded TV\TempRec\TempSBE" folder on my (L) Drive.

i remembered to always restart when changing the default recording drive folder. So that is not the problem. (everything is fine whjen i switch back to using my 1TB Drive letter N.)

1st thing tried was formatting the drive.

then tried chkdisk.

currently doing a full repair option with SeagateTools for windows (called "Fix All Long").

But, has anyone had this sort of problem. (The Full-Drive-Error-When-Empty Gremlin?) where do i get the pesticide for the little... culprit? lol

TY :)

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:57 pm

Try googling:

wmc erroneosly reports hard drive as full

I think it has something to do with the recorder storage settings. reduce it a bit.

Bee_Dee_3_Dee

Post by Bee_Dee_3_Dee » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:55 pm

Crash2009 wrote:Try googling:

WMC erroneosly reports hard drive as full

I think it has something to do with the recorder storage settings. reduce it a bit.

TY! TY! TY!

i'll try in a few minuets.

i was hoping there was still hope.

after starting this thread i noticed that the drive was writing slowly. so i decided to run test on another PC after removing the drive (AHCI) with the PC running. (Too fun! ;) ) Using a 5 1/4 Hot-Swap-able-Tray-less drive-bay w/power button. SWEET! Then slapping it into an eternal USB drive-bay connected to a Gaming PC. I just hit the USB power as i typed this, and the drive showed up in under ten seconds. Testing... 100MB is fast... 500MB is fast... 9GB is fast... So the drive is fine and the other MOBO has a software or Hardware problem. Because even a 25GB file is fast via this other PC's (Gaming PC's) external USB bay. I already tried a brand new SATA cable on the WMC PC but i won't rule out trying another proven-to-function-well SATA cable from another drive in use or another new cable.

TY again CRASH2009! :) there's still hope! (going to reseach "WMC erroneously reports hard drive as full")