Submitting LineUp Corrections Directly to Rovi

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
lharris428

HTPC Specs: Show details

Submitting LineUp Corrections Directly to Rovi

Post by lharris428 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:22 am

I wasn't sure if this is common knowledge, but I had a channel missing in my lineup and I followed the stickied instructions and posted on the MS Connect site way back in the beginning of September. Of course weeks went by and nothing... thanks Microsoft..

So anyway, I went digging around Rovi's site and found content.movies@rovicorp.com. I emailed them on Thursday October 1st at 1:30AM, they acknowledge my email at 10AM the same day and emailed me back on the 2nd stating the missing channel was added as well as some other corrections were made. I updated my guide in WMC and bang the channel was there and my ceton card could tune to it.

I immediately replied thanking them and I asked if they would be ok with me sharing the email address. I have not received a reply stating no so share it away I will... I've read that other people have emailed them and not received a response, I emailed them from my work address which happens to be from a domain of a ridiculously huge and well known company... so maybe they took notice of that.. not sure. The email I received back was not from content.movies but from another address that sounds like its for paying customers so I'm choosing to keep it private for now.

In addition I also used the form at the address below at the same time on the 1st, I mentioned in both that I was using both methods in an effort to reach anyone. They responded on the 5th and said the channel was added last week. I used my gmail address for this form and it took 5 days, so this might be a better approach as well.
http://www.rovicorp.com/company/contact.html

I would use these methods only if the error you are reporting is also visible here: http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/tv-listings such as missing or incorrect channels or there is some data related issue that they can actually fix. Again confirm that the data is screwed on MSN tv listings, after putting in your zip and selecting your cable provider, otherwise you are barking up the wrong tree.

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:43 am

Thank you very much for this info!!!

grandpooba

Post by grandpooba » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:26 am

Thank you for this info.
I've made multiple reports to MS feedback1145, MSN guide, TV Guide.com, and the Rovi people (case # 1991761), as well as here, multiple times over the last 3 months........still missing OTA channels 4.2 WTMJ, 4.3 Cozi TV, 12.2 Movies, 24.2 Country TV, 24.3 Grit TV, 52.2 WWRS2, 52.3 WWRS3, 52.4 WWRS4 and 52.5 WWRS5....for Madison, WI OTA 53925......also reported that the listed channel 41WMLW is actually 49.1WMLW (RF#48) including 49.2 Bounce, 49.3 ThisTV & 49.4 TeleWI.
The XX.1 channel is there for all these and these missing channels are all listed in the Milwaukee OTA listings.
I just sent these guys a report, I hope they reply and add these missing channels.
Thanks again for posting this.

tzr916

Post by tzr916 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:32 am

lharris428 wrote:I wasn't sure if this is common knowledge..... I went digging around Rovi's site and found content.movies@rovicorp.com. I emailed them....
Tried your suggestion yesterday and surprisingly got a response in less than 24 hours.

My email was regarding one channel that Comcast suddenly switched from East Coast feed to West Coast feed. The reply that Rovi gave makes claims that they already made the change on 10/15/15! Hmmm, so Rovi knew about this one channel changing to West Coast before I did? I don't know... And If they did change it on 10/15, that was 5 business days ago and it has not shown up on my system or tvguide.com or msn tv listings.

grandpooba

Post by grandpooba » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:12 am

Wow, Amazing...... Suzi replied indicating within 72 hrs..... that was Monday morning
Today 53925 now offers Milwaukee and Madison OTA options.
Re-ran set-up, did the manual tuner split thing (two for Madison listing and two for Milwaukee), did the manual adjustment to edit the EPG listing and... TA-DA... finally have the full listing after 3 months..... YA-BA-DA-BA-DOOOO
THANK YOU so much for posting this......hopefully Rovi is getting their act together finally.

gary94080

Post by gary94080 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:17 pm

I put in a comment to Rovi and was surprised to get a response, even more surprised to get follow-up updates.

the only concern I have is that the communication seemed to be narrowly focused on the one issue on the program I brought up vs. correcting the overall problem that there are many other programs that have the same issue.

I hope that someone there is looking at these issues globally, otherwise it will take forever to get things straightened out one error at a time.