Some shows have red recording dot, but are not recording

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
glugglug

HTPC Specs: Show details

Some shows have red recording dot, but are not recording

Post by glugglug » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:27 am

Since Thursday, WMC has been doing this thing where it shows the red dot indicating a show should record or is recording in the guide, but it never tries to record it unless you manually "cancel" and start the recording. So far it has been happening to the wife's soaps and lifetime shows, while other shows are working. At first I thought it was just the Rovi guide crappiness, but showing it as recording in the guide and in scheduled recordings, so that you can't tell it isn't actually happenning until you see that nothing appears in Recorded TV seems very broken and a lot more frustrating.

I attempted to download the guide data again, and now while the guide listings are there, nothing is indexed to show up when searching by title!. I figured the guide index must be corrupt, and attempted to re-run TV setup -- TV setup now hangs indefinitely on the screen that says "Windows Media Center is downloading the latest TV setup data for your region".

What do I do to fix this?

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:55 pm

Restored the system drive from Tuesday night's backup. Was able to rerun TV setup after this.

Hopefully this fixes it not recording.... Fingers crossed.

We87

Post by We87 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:52 pm

I am having the exact same issue, guide looks like recordings are set up correctly but nothing is actually recording. Any ideas?

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:55 pm

Don't know what got it into that state, but restoring from backup fixed it.

sbaeder

Post by sbaeder » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:05 pm

could be related to the whole guide switch over, especially on series...just delete existing series and re-add them...that has worked for me and others...

We87

Post by We87 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:48 am

I've restored from backup, still no good. I tried to rerun TV setup, it hangs right after I click it. I can't even manually set something to record.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:53 am

This happened to me almost immediately after the Rovi cut-over. Cancelling and resetting the recordings worked in my case.

We87

Post by We87 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:57 am

mcewinter wrote:This happened to me almost immediately after the Rovi cut-over. Cancelling and resetting the recordings worked in my case.
can you be more specific? I didn't "move" my recording schedule files over when I messed with the guide, I hand write everything down and just started from scratch. Is this what your saying ?

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:17 pm

I simply cancelled the series recording for whatever show was set to record but wasn't actually recording. Then I went forward one week into the guide and re-established series recording for that show. Nothing fancy.

Arfer Daley

Post by Arfer Daley » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:20 am

I hade same problem I cancelled and cleared everything rerun setup and now seems ok fingers crossed
If It Aint Broke
Don't Fix It