Media Center EPG Update (from Microsoft) - 9/15/2015

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
JonFincher

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center EPG Update (from Microsoft) - 9/15/2015

Post by JonFincher » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi guys:

I want to give you another brief update on where we are with respect to the EPG data issues you've been reporting.

As always, thanks for the reports on EPG download and data quality issues, both via Connect and PM. As I mentioned earlier, we won’t be able to respond to each Connect report directly, but we are gathering and working through the issues as they come in. Other reports received via PM get added to the list as well - since the volume is much lower, I try to answer those as appropriate.

I mentioned in the last post that we had been unable to reproduce the EPG download issue in our lab. A few days ago, that changed as we tracked down a local repro machine - we have been working to gather diagnostics and logs from that machine to better understand the issue. I still don't have a concrete ETA for final resolution. Progress on the other resolution methods I mentioned in my last post has been slower than expected - my apologies for setting incorrect expectations. With a solid repro machine in hand, however, I hope to have an update on both of these fronts soon.

Lastly, to help set expectations around "soon", I will be out of the office for the rest of the month of September, and won't be able to respond to PM's or other posts until I return in early October. I want to stress that the rest of the team is still engaged on this issue, and will continue to be engaged in my absence.

--Jon, MSFT