ZippyTheChicken

HTPC Specs: Show details

Hauppauge WinTV v8 - ASTC Recording in Win 10

Post by ZippyTheChicken » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:59 am

so ... thought I would start looking

Maybe the Moderators here could start a Win 10 thingy
so we can start preparing
and share stuff

Hauppauge WinTV v8 .. said to be good for Windows 10 .. Watching and Recording.
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_wintv8.html
ONLY WORKS WITH THEIR HARDWARE
not sure about the interface looks pretty primitive.

They also have a device for the XBox to let you watch ASTC on it Live
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_xboxtv.html

So at least its something.. .I think we need to do some serious preparing
MediaPortal might have the ability to record from CableCard Tuners .. pretty sure

Would be nice to have a Win 10 Compatibility list of hardware and software in one spot so we don't have to run all over.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:16 am

One of the biggest problems with this TV stuff is getting help when you need it. So, in that respect, if you have a good hard look around this site, Ceton or Silicon Dust seem to have the largest following, so therefore the most community support.

The recent announcements of No WMC in Win 10, No more guide for XP MCE, have convinced me it's time to start looking as well. The avenue that I am going to check out is HDHR3-CC on Win 10 using Emby Server as the DVR and transcoder, and Emby TV as the interface to a new guide service which is Schedules Direct.

My existing setup (InfiniTV4-WMC-WMC Server-Emby Server) will remain the same during the testing.

mceguy...

Post by mceguy... » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:45 pm

I tried WinTV8 with my Colossus2 and I couldn't get the IR Blaster to learn my DirecTV remote, So I'm stuck again... Win8.1 MCE doesn't even see a tuner with colossus2, Hauppauge says their not supporting it with colossus2...

Win10 is out of the question for me, going back to Win7 and colossus, at least I can use IP control...Anyone want to buy a "used" colossus2? Like new condition..

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:34 am

Crash2009 wrote:One of the biggest problems with this TV stuff is getting help when you need it. So, in that respect, if you have a good hard look around this site, Ceton or Silicon Dust seem to have the largest following, so therefore the most community support.

The recent announcements of No WMC in Win 10, No more guide for XP MCE, have convinced me it's time to start looking as well. The avenue that I am going to check out is HDHR3-CC on Win 10 using Emby Server as the DVR and transcoder, and Emby TV as the interface to a new guide service which is Schedules Direct.

My existing setup (InfiniTV4-WMC-WMC Server-Emby Server) will remain the same during the testing.
Unless I missed something, Emby is not a DVR on its own it needs to connect to a backend (ie ServerWMC,NextPVR,etc).
mceguy... wrote:I tried WinTV8 with my Colossus2 and I couldn't get the IR Blaster to learn my DirecTV remote, So I'm stuck again... Win8.1 MCE doesn't even see a tuner with colossus2, Hauppauge says their not supporting it with colossus2...

Win10 is out of the question for me, going back to Win7 and colossus, at least I can use IP control...Anyone want to buy a "used" colossus2? Like new condition..

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:24 pm

3rob3 wrote: Unless I missed something, Emby is not a DVR on its own it needs to connect to a backend (ie ServerWMC,NextPVR,etc).
Not hard to miss, it's still in development. Jose just started working on it a couple months ago. ServerWMC will no longer be necessary.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/ ... l=hdhr3-cc

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:08 pm

Oh, now I remember that thanks. I don't have an HDhomerun which is probably why I forgot about it.