Black screen when resuming from sleep

jocke92

HTPC Specs: Show details

Black screen when resuming from sleep

Post by jocke92 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:53 pm

So I found this thread about KB3004394 (the issue) and KB3024777 (the fix). But none of them is installed on my htpc.

Sometimes when I wake up my htpc and wmc is running in the background it starts with just a black screen. So I have to navigate the mouse to the upper right corner where I know the X is . I never bothered fixing it as it was a minor issue. But now I'm not able to close it at all. So I connected with teamviewer and saw a small window of wmc running in the middle of the screen. (no way finding that X fumbling in the dark) When I close it desktop reappear on the tv. No other issues. My TV is connected via HDMI and I'm using an AMD APU.

Latest day I installed updates was December 23.

Does anyone got a clue?

spud72

Post by spud72 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:33 pm

I had this problem with my VGA XL100 - it was due to the graphics drivers being updated by Nvidia - I went back to the standard W7 drivers and the problem went away.

I also use to get a black screen if I swapped to the windows desktop in full screen mode - if I remember correctly an ALT CTRL DEL could be used. If I windowed ( not full screen ) WMC the problem didn't happen.

The other not so good option is to stop the PC sleeping and just power down the hard drive.

STC

Post by STC » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:57 pm

Try pressing liveTV button next time.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123