Vote now !!! mediacenterdontdie.com

Latest and Greatest in the world of Technology and/or Media Center.
DanB_DE

HTPC Specs: Show details

Vote now !!! mediacenterdontdie.com

Post by DanB_DE » Wed May 20, 2015 11:18 am

Hi MC Community !

Windows Media Center (WMC) has to stay in Windows 10.

Only the force of the community can change the actual state, help us to rescue the Windows Media Center, NOW!

Sign the Petition and put a Pin with your opinion on our Wall:

– Tell us why WMC should not die
– Tell us how YOU use it
– Tell us your vision
– Tell us your most beautiful experience with the WMC
– Show your setup with pictures and videos….
– Crazy stuff to wake ms up……
and, and, and, …

http://www.mediacenterdontdie.com/

Thanks
DanB & Udo (usamce)

Tester

Post by Tester » Wed May 20, 2015 4:48 pm

The English opening statement is either a direct translation or badly written.. I would strongly suggest a re-write !!

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed May 20, 2015 5:46 pm

Yea, I want to support it but, I only talk and read English, please update your site or put a translator into your site to select English and you have my 100% support...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

DanB_DE

Post by DanB_DE » Thu May 21, 2015 8:41 am

Thanks for your Feedback. the page has two languages, English is always visible.
Any help to correct the English translations is welcome. It’s not too much, I have the plain texts
as small files. Please contact me, many thanks.

Users have the option to create own boards and pins, if they choose their native language we want change the content.

Please create your own Board and Pins, and post in English or whatever language you want.

It’s important that

a) the petition gets signed and
b) the wall has to be filled with your experiences with wmc. (pictures say more than words.).

Would be great to get a big mosaic wall with a lot of pictures from wmc users showing their homes with their wmc setups . You can also add a video, and show your love for wmc with your own words (Speak to MS).

Thanks
DanB
#

Diverge

Post by Diverge » Thu May 21, 2015 7:55 pm

I don't really want to be a downer, but MS doesn't care about this community. It's pretty much proven with all the polls entered by community users to give us WMC or extender capabilities on the xbone... These polls were the the top voted polls on MS's own sites, and they still didn't receive any attention from MS.

spanner

Post by spanner » Thu May 21, 2015 10:17 pm

Diverge wrote:I don't really want to be a downer, but MS doesn't care about this community. It's pretty much proven with all the polls entered by community users to give us WMC or extender capabilities on the xbone... These polls were the the top voted polls on MS's own sites, and they still didn't receive any attention from MS.
Then again, whats the harm ?

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Fri May 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Nice idea, but I won't be signing as I have no idea what terms I am agreeing to.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

mceguy...

Post by mceguy... » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:19 am

Diverge wrote:I don't really want to be a downer, but MS doesn't care about this community. It's pretty much proven with all the polls entered by community users to give us WMC or extender capabilities on the xbone... These polls were the the top voted polls on MS's own sites, and they still didn't receive any attention from MS.
MS may not care about the WMC community, but I'm sure if they want me to change from my Win 7 MCE machine to Win 10, they had better reconsider and give me an app that works...I've already tried Win 8.1 MCE and it blows, so I purchased another Win 7 lic and I'm in the process of going back to the last version with a working MCE...

So I suggest to everyone, Don't bother with Win 10, let it sit and stagnate... 6 months in MS should have a clue about how many Win 7 machines are actually upgrading and planning their next move... Check you updaters and hide any Win 10 upgrade you get...

I joined this site, but haven't received any email to confirm and vote...