WMC and Monitor Switching

thinkbui

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC and Monitor Switching

Post by thinkbui » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:48 pm

Hi guys. I've been playing around with WMC HTPC's for a couple of years, but new to the board. My first two I custom built to avoid proprietary issues for repairs and upgrades, but recently a used Lenovo ThinkCentre M90z since I am thinking about replacing an old TiVo Series 2 that's starting to have issues.
http://www.pcworld.com/product/573155/t ... black.html

Now this TiVo setup is one I rarely watch from in my house, but it is Slingbox connected so I can watch anywhere and serves as my secondary DVR.

Given the limited scope of what I am trying to do for this one, I am open to using a pre-built system and the slim design of the M90z would seem like a good fit since it seems strong enough to support the USB HD capture/IR blaster, but I am concerned that with the monitor completely built in with the machine, there is no way to turn off the display when I am watching it other than switching to presentation/projector only mode in Windows 7 while I have an external streamer like another Slingbox or something. Since the built-in screen would rarely be on, I don't mind using Windows+P, but would that wreak havoc with WMC every time I do that? Are there other issues I am not considering?