Is there a list of current working addins for WMC?

Doctor Feelgood

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:49 pm

LLCoolWas wrote:Hey guys. Regular lurker here. Just wanted to give a sloppy hint of something I like on my WMC setup.

Using BLUESTACKS and RELAUNCH, I have been making icons to launch Android apps on my WMC HTPC. A lot of them are remote friendly, others may benefit from an airmouse. For example, I use a relaunch shortcut to launch IP CAM VIEWER to quickly log into my security cameras. I use it for a couple quick games too. But for me this has brought a whole lot more apps to my HTPC with very little setup.
Thanks for sharing - I never saw that app before and want to go home and try it ASAP... Could it be a new way to get Pandora back to WMC?

Those saying McPandora works still - any tricks? My installs typically play a few seconds of a song, go to the next one, and after a few of these moves it stops playing. Also noticed that every song it successfully played from back in the day was actually downloaded to my hard drive! Luckily there was space for that, as I didn't know that it was a 'feature'.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:57 pm

LLCoolWas wrote:Hey guys. Regular lurker here. Just wanted to give a sloppy hint of something I like on my WMC setup.

Using BLUESTACKS and RELAUNCH, I have been making icons to launch Android apps on my WMC HTPC. A lot of them are remote friendly, others may benefit from an airmouse. For example, I use a relaunch shortcut to launch IP CAM VIEWER to quickly log into my security cameras. I use it for a couple quick games too. But for me this has brought a whole lot more apps to my HTPC with very little setup.
A friend was showing me, I think it was called Showbox, that has everything available for TV, Movies, etc on it (would make a sweet on-demand setup for MC). I was looking for a PC version but, it's only available for Android and it ran under Bluestacks.

How do you get it running, so I can click on it in MC, it opens directly to Showbox, I watch my movie/video and when I close it go back to MC ?

Can you run Bluestack and have it open directly to an app on it ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:11 pm

Interesting. I may give this a try for a few apps.

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:58 am

Any updates on a uploading solution for addins that are currently hard to find and/or unavailable for download?

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:21 pm

You can always email files to admin (at) thegreenbutton (dot) tv for now and we can put them somewhere on our server, then update the wiki with a link.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:04 pm

I am about to create a new Media Center Box from scratch and I thank everyone who has put these up. I saw someone mention themes. Is there a single place that you can browse all the different ones available and are they free? Is it possible to post the themes (or did I just not see them). I know some of them are on the media webpage posted but I only see a few. Thanks.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:43 am

I have a few themes I collected and some I created uploaded to my OneDrive here : https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=08AFD0E4 ... FD88%21117
They work with Media Center Studio. In the Media Center Themes folder are the individual theme's as well as the installer for Media Center Studio and the MCS Fix. There is also a folder of individual desktop wallpaper used to make some of the themes I tinkered with back in the day. Help yourself... =)
newfiend~

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:07 am

Updated Heatwave with a couple download locations for the x32 and x64 bit .msi's version 1.3.1.0 as well.

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:25 pm

Thanks Newfiend I grabbed it. I will hopefully get a chance to mess around with it soon. If I follow the Assassin's install version do I need to deal with the 'Fix' portion from the fresh install?

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:20 pm

I would use the Media Center Studio.rar located in my Media Center Studio & Fix folder. It has an installer package (Setup.exe) for MCS and makes it easy peasy.
You will need the MCS Fix for both Assassin's or the "installer" version mentioned above to retain your custom Menu/Theme.
I placed the MCS Fix in my Start Up folder so it runs each time windows starts and my menu stays the same all the time.
HTH,
newfiend~

johnking

Post by johnking » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:00 am

I hope I am not late to the party. @sharks @newfiend I have some addons I like to offer to the collection. MCEbrowser. someone looonggg time ago made it. I think it works on win7 MCE. I do know mcebrowser does not work on win8.x. radiotime did work on win8 MCE, haven't tried it on 8.1 yet. lotto results MC. check lotto numbers in MCE. ripdiscMC. enables ripping disc in MCE. Let me know so maybe I can add them. Gonna dig further into my box of toys.

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:07 am

Hey johnking,
Your not late at all just head over to the Wiki and add yours to list with download links. If they are no longer available we are still awaiting to hear from the GreenButton staff what we could do to host these files.

Thanks for being willing to contribute to the library.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:39 pm

newfiend wrote:I would use the Media Center Studio.rar located in my Media Center Studio & Fix folder. It has an installer package (Setup.exe) for MCS and makes it easy peasy.
You will need the MCS Fix for both Assassin's or the "installer" version mentioned above to retain your custom Menu/Theme.
I placed the MCS Fix in my Start Up folder so it runs each time windows starts and my menu stays the same all the time.
HTH,
newfiend~
Sometimes when the MCupdate runs it kills it, I put mine in with the scheduled task....been using it that way for years and never lost a menu or theme once...

Settings>Admin settings> Scheduled tasks> Media Center> Edit MCupdate, find the tasks and add a entry for MCS fix right after the task.

So when the MCupdate runs (that is what kills it), it runs it right after....
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:09 pm

^ I have mcs.fix in my startup folder and usually a reboot takes care of it, but not lately. I'll try your idea and see if it persists.

johnking

Post by johnking » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:48 pm

@sharks, no problem. I have about 5 to 10 (guessing) addins I collected over the years with MCE. Building a win7 box now to test those addins before posting.

johnking

Post by johnking » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:24 am

could not add to the wiki. so I got them on my onedrive. current folders there should be directed as working so far for both win 7 and 8x MCE. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4 ... 5AFB%21132

I will add more after I test them.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Did some minor updates on it the WIKI today, Abort System shut down is a cool little one...that I updated as well.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/wiki/index ... m_Shutdown

I was the member who asked for this app (back on the old TGB), What this will do, if you script out auto reboots (shutdown command) this will prompt you in WMC and if you cancel it, it will cancel the shutdown...

Usefull if you schedule reboots and you sometimes are up very late watching tv or movies :)
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

STC

Post by STC » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:07 pm

We now have a sub forum link to the WiKi Add-ins:
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=9
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu May 14, 2015 12:52 am

Any other plugins ? I know there is still more out there, in WMC's hay day when it was in production there was a LOT more apps.

Keep 'em coming !
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

4trmceclients

Post by 4trmceclients » Sun May 24, 2015 5:03 pm

DavidinCT wrote:So, I was looking around at Sourceforge.net and was looking for WMC stuff, just in case... and found some things, some not updated any more and others that seemed to be updated last year.... Maybe some people have a use for these.

I tried Argus SimpleRadio, it loaded fine but, didn't have a lot of US channels in it (1 actually that didn't work), not sure how to edit them but, if it can it might be useful to add streaming stations to have them in one app.

1. http://sourceforge.net/projects/windows ... =directory
ArgusTV MediaCenter Client

is a Open Source WindowsMedia Center Client for ArgusTV
with this can you view hear Tv or hear Radio Streams ,view delete Recordings from ArgusTV Backend Service or manage Schedules

more Informations are avaible in our Wiki

SimpleRadio

is a OpenSource Windows MediaCenter Addin that allows you hear Web Radio Streams

more Informations are avaible in our Wiki

2. http://sourceforge.net/projects/voyamed ... =directory

sorry after the MS Offer to kill the wmc
had i not work on my WMC Addins

Simple Radio use an XML file as Datasource
is stored in ProgramData \ SimpleRadio and can be edit

ArgusTv had an other backend Reason why i not had work on it
Dot-I the ArgusTv Dev had the communication way changed that i cant use it but it will work with older ArgusTv Versions