Extenders Freeze on Bootup

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
soapdishbandit

HTPC Specs: Show details

Extenders Freeze on Bootup

Post by soapdishbandit » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Hello,

I've tried researching google and have not been able to find a solid answer to my problem. WMC works GREAT on my PC. It also works great on my extenders (2 360's, 1 Echo) rarely ever lag. The only problem is upon bootup, the guide is frozen. The only way to get anything to move is to press the "green button" on the remote. On the 360's, it will work if controlling via xbox gamepad, otherwise, still have to press green button to get it to move. Any suggestions? Thank you!

PC specs:
i5 2500K @3.4 Ghz
Nvidia 970
16GB RAM
250GB SSD
3 TB HD
Ceton infiniTV 6 Pci-E
Comcast Power-stream Cisco Cable Card

network:
360 in main room gigabit ethernet
360 in guest room powerline ethernet 200mbps
Echo in basement wireless 5ghz gaming adapter to Echo's ethernet port

other hardware:
2 Xbox 360's
1 Echo

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:30 pm

You could try hide media strips http://mikinho.com/wmc/start-menu-plus/ ... enu-strips to launch straight to live tv. Not sure if it is a legitimate fix but worth a shot.

soapdishbandit

Post by soapdishbandit » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:53 am

cwinfield wrote:You could try hide media strips http://mikinho.com/WMC/start-menu-plus/ ... enu-strips to launch straight to live tv. Not sure if it is a legitimate fix but worth a shot.
I actually do that, but even with it booting straight into live TV mode, I still have to press the green button to do anything.

soapdishbandit

Post by soapdishbandit » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:20 am

soapdishbandit wrote:
cwinfield wrote:You could try hide media strips http://mikinho.com/WMC/start-menu-plus/ ... enu-strips to launch straight to live tv. Not sure if it is a legitimate fix but worth a shot.
I actually do that, but even with it booting straight into live TV mode, I still have to press the green button to do anything.

To be more specific, i've been having this problem for probably a year or so. I installed the media center menu strips and was able to get my extenders to go straight into live tv, but it still won't do anything (remote control won't work) until I press the windows green button, then I hear the chime and then I can navigate around like normal.

soapdishbandit

Post by soapdishbandit » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:35 pm

Just wanted to give an update.

Had to reformat my PC (some file corrupted my WMC and I got the no tv signal error). Anyway, all is well and I didn't add my enormous music library to the libraries section of WMC. It now doesn't freeze. My guess is that when I add my music library (500-600GB), it causes it to freeze. Anyway around this as I would like to re-add my music to WMC. Thanks!

soapdishbandit

Post by soapdishbandit » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:33 pm

Can anyone tell me how I can add my music & photo collection without it causing the freezing upon bootup? Been running great with no problems after my reformat, but I want to add my music collection (200 GB worth of music). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:51 pm

It is my opinion that a corrupt file exists in your collection and it is causing the issue.
Try dividing up your collection into 50MB chunks and add/test as you go.
This may help narrow down what file(s) is actually casing the lockups.
Retain your sanity, use Shark007 Codecs