Guide Download Issues Thread - March 2015

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Gravydog

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Gravydog » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:18 pm

Eric: I am running WMC7 and reboot nightly. A manual guide update is still failing for me with "unable to connect to remote server" so all is not well for everyone. Still stuck at the 28th. Thanks for your efforts and any suggestions at this point.

Rob - your neighbor in Bothell

[Moderator note: off-topic posts deleted]

Space

Post by Space » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:45 am

Gravydog wrote:Eric: I am running WMC7 and reboot nightly. A manual guide update is still failing for me with "unable to connect to remote server" so all is not well for everyone. Still stuck at the 28th. Thanks for your efforts and any suggestions at this point.

Rob - your neighbor in Bothell

[Moderator note: off-topic posts deleted]
I have the same problem if I don't have the hosts file workaround in place. I would suggest making the hosts file changes and see if that fixes your problem.

See this post for instructions:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 288#p80288

Tyzing

Post by Tyzing » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:02 am

Hey guys...been trying everything on my W7 MCE and I still cannot get the guide to download manually or automatically. I've tried everything that a google search has come up with (literally about 50 different things) and still nothing. Came across this thread and was somewhat happy (sorry guys) to see that I wasnt the only one with this issue. Sadly it looks like some have been fixed but I have not. I tried the Host file fixt tonight but not seeing anything different.

Any help would be wonderful. FYI my guide ended on the 28th.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:21 am

Tyzing, if you get no guide data at all, run TV setup again and pick a different lineup, or, failing that, use a different, nearby zip code.

Tyzing

Post by Tyzing » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:41 am

mdavej wrote:Tyzing, if you get no guide data at all, run TV setup again and pick a different lineup, or, failing that, use a different, nearby zip code.
Thank you for the response as I feel pretty defeated at this point and the thought of a fresh install makes me want to jump out of my window. :shock:

I did try a different zip code and it felt like it just hung up. I admit I got a little impatient since I did not think that would work either and stopped it after about 10-15 minutes (which in the past did not take that long...at least that I can remember).

webminster

Post by webminster » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:26 am

The best thing for you to do at this point is Live TV setup, maybe several times with your zip code. You don't mention if you've checked your Windows Event Logs for Media Center, have you? Anything indicative for the mcupdate process?
-Alan

Tyzing

Post by Tyzing » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:54 am

webminster wrote:The best thing for you to do at this point is Live TV setup, maybe several times with your zip code. You don't mention if you've checked your Windows Event Logs for Media Center, have you? Anything indicative for the mcupdate process?

Just found the following errors:

Invalid security token
Retrieving MCEClinetUX - Processing- Retrieving dSM.cab - Errors during last update
SportsV2 Error to connect to server
Failed to receive broadband server
Failed to receive NetTV server