Hidden episodes

HARRINGT0N

HTPC Specs: Show details

Hidden episodes

Post by HARRINGT0N » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:25 pm

I was digging in my "Recorded TV" folder and noticed that I have a lot of episodes of any given show stored on my hard drive, but when I open Media Center, it shows only 1 episode or maybe a few, but there are a lot missing. In one case, when I opened the file folder, there were two sub-folders marked "season1 and season2". There was only 1 episode not in a sub-folder and that was the only one showing in Media Center. Does anyone know why this is happening?
o|||||||o

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:44 am

What add on's for Media Center are you using? I will tell you that WMC by itself does not separate recordings into Season folders

HARRINGT0N

Post by HARRINGT0N » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:23 pm

File2folder and Media Center Master
o|||||||o

HARRINGT0N

Post by HARRINGT0N » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:25 pm

But I only use them for my movie collection which I stored in a different place. Maybe I accidently added recorded TV. I've also been trying to use MCE Buddy but it hasn't been working for me.
o|||||||o

HARRINGT0N

Post by HARRINGT0N » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:06 pm

So I think I figured it out, and it seems to be that it was MCEBuddy which was the culprit. It was stripping out the commercials like it's supposed to, but I couldn't see them in Media Center. They were put into folders and never again showed up. It's really too bad, because it looks like it was working pretty well but if I can't see my episodes in "recorded tv" then they're no good to me. So goodbye MCEbuddy, and goodbye to a LOT of recorded tv shows because they are no longer formatted with filenames WMC's recorded tv folder can see. That sucks!
o|||||||o

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:11 pm

RecordedTV HD or Media Browser will be able to recognize them and provide meta data.