Is there a list of current working addins for WMC?

Sharks

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Sharks » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:45 pm

Well, I've pulled out everything I think I can get off the internet time machine/windows experts/the green button.com, that still appeared to be working and/or I installed to test. I just found this website: http://www.thehtpc.net/ that seems to have a good library of plug-in links I'll start working on next.

: D

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:59 pm

Nice work Sharks! I see we are making a bit of headway here. There are some plugins that no longer have websites like Heatwave. I have the x64bit installer for that but I am not sure how TheGB.tv guys want to handle things like that at the moment. It's one of the best Weather plugin's out there that still works (IMO). Hopefully if we keep making headway on there they will see we are serious about getting this done and help us find a way to host some of these as long as the original developer is ok with it.
We have done quite a bit on that page that hasn't been updated in quite some time. Thanks to all that have contributed thus far!! Keep it up! =)
newfiend~

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:08 pm

Sharks wrote:Well, I've pulled out everything I think I can get off the internet time machine/windows experts/the green button.com, that still appeared to be working and/or I installed to test. I just found this website: http://www.thehtpc.net/ that seems to have a good library of plug-in links I'll start working on next.

: D
Nice, Yea, they just have links, I also have a collection of apps for WMC, once it's all done, I will compare to see if I have anything to share... I have a storage folder that I keep all my MCE stuff, I even have stuff from XP MCE days in this folder....and even stuff that I cant share for MC (top secret, don't ask because I cant tell)...

Crap, I might go to all these links and download them all if I get time, just so I have a backup off line...

Awesome to see progress on this, Let me know if I can help in anyway.....

BTW, that app I showed a page or so back, Can be used SimpleRadio. If you go into C:\ProgramData\SimpleRadio There is a services.xml, edit that with direct links to your audio streams with images and names, and it will show up for you. So there is a app, with some editing of a XML file that can store all your streaming stations.

Now I just gota figure out how to capture the stream when playing back something from a website...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:38 pm

I also have a archive of WMC add-in's that I have been comparing to the list.. I haven't had time to go through all my add-in's yet but I will. Time has been short lately, work is picking up and kicking my butt so I come home exhausted. As soon as I can get some rest I'll jump back in here and add what hasn't been added already.

@DavidinCT.. Did you used to work for MS? just curious because you mentioned the content you have that "can't be shared". You know of course my curiosity is killing me.. haha =P

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:56 pm

newfiend wrote:I also have a archive of WMC add-in's that I have been comparing to the list.. I haven't had time to go through all my add-in's yet but I will. Time has been short lately, work is picking up and kicking my butt so I come home exhausted. As soon as I can get some rest I'll jump back in here and add what hasn't been added already.

@DavidinCT.. Did you used to work for MS? just curious because you mentioned the content you have that "can't be shared". You know of course my curiosity is killing me.. haha =P
Would love to see what you have for WMC....

You have a PM, it's top secret so keep it as such....and No I did not work for MS (wish I had the chance to work on the eHome team, that would be a dream job for me)
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:29 am

DavidinCT wrote:
newfiend wrote:I also have a archive of WMC add-in's that I have been comparing to the list.. I haven't had time to go through all my add-in's yet but I will. Time has been short lately, work is picking up and kicking my butt so I come home exhausted. As soon as I can get some rest I'll jump back in here and add what hasn't been added already.

Would love to see what you have for WMC....

You have a PM, it's top secret so keep it as such....and No I did not work for MS (wish I had the chance to work on the eHome team, that would be a dream job for me)
Thanks for sharing.. Trap is zipped. That's awesome though I do have to say. =)

STC

Post by STC » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:46 am

I would argue a dead plugin suppository with a working download would be very beneficial dependant on plugin type.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

RyC

Post by RyC » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:42 am

STC wrote:I would argue a dead plugin suppository with a working download would be very beneficial dependant on plugin type.
I don't think we want a suppository :p, a repository would probably be easier on our bums

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:58 am

RyC wrote:
STC wrote:I would argue a dead plugin suppository with a working download would be very beneficial dependant on plugin type.
I don't think we want a suppository :p, a repository would probably be easier on our bums
:shock: :lol: :clap:

STC

Post by STC » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:49 am

Ha! I'm sorry.
THAT'S what you get when you try to post via Tapatalk with a toddler under one arm screaming in one ear and a wife on the phone in the other whilst cooking dinner and feeding the cat.

I can't believe I said that. Even the word plugin....

Disclaimer: No suppositories were used during these posts ;)
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:31 pm

STC wrote:Ha! I'm sorry.
THAT'S what you get when you try to post via Tapatalk with a toddler under one arm screaming in one ear and a wife on the phone in the other whilst cooking dinner and feeding the cat.
Welcome to my life :-/
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:11 pm

I'm with you there newfiend, work is currently trying to kill me. : S

I did however get a few more additions this morning from: thehtpc.net plugin sections. So far I've made it through: Streaming Media, News and Weather, & Communication sections. That leaves: Automation, Miscellaneous, Music and Photo, Video Managers left to do. I'll hopefully get to them over the weekend.

Awesome job so far guys on compiling the library thus far let's keep it up.

Note: I added a "Not working?" section to the list as I've had a few that made it to their menu screen but wouldn't stream, or claimed they were windows7/vista/xp only. I'm running Windows media center 8.1 and don't have the ability to test if they run properly on Windows 7 vs. not running on Windows 8.

Thanks,
-Sharks

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:21 pm

I updated Media Center Studio (there was nothing there). They are links to over at hack7mc but, they are valid links to the installer, Manual installer and the theme folder over there.

Note: The installer was created by someone over at Hack7mc, it's on someone's box drive, It should be stored elsewhere incase it goes down, it's the only source I found for it as it was custom made and works perfect

I still use Media Center Studio, and it still works great for WMC 7....

Looking over the list, I know there was a lot more than that, are we missing some stuff ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:31 pm

Hello all,
I've finished logging all of the add-ins/links from thehtpc.net.
Here is currently what we have in each section:

Media Cataloguing and Viewing

Look and Feel Related

Metadata, Importers, and Manipulators

Video exporters & Converters

Internet Streaming

Remote Access

Utility Ad-Ins

Physical Media Tools and Software

Other Useful Add-Ins (unclassified)

Add-ins with broken download links

Not working?

Dead Add-ins

A grand total of:
146 totals add-ins

A few of the broken download links add-ins I was able to pull off the internet time machine I'll update which ones those are as time permits.

Let's keep up the great job finding these add-ins.

Thanks,
-Sharks

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:45 pm

I see McPandora in the streaming / working section... Does it actually work for others? Did for a little bit, but hasn't worked for me for ages.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:21 pm

I updated and moved TV Library (By JackLuminous) from the broken download link section. He posted links and uploaded the installers to his OneDrive for all to download. Links to the X64 bit installers for Windows 7 and 8.1 are now both there.
newfiend~

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:23 pm

Doctor Feelgood wrote:I see McPandora in the streaming / working section... Does it actually work for others? Did for a little bit, but hasn't worked for me for ages.
I never had luck with that either... Maybe we should move it to a new section? (Broken Plugin's)..??

Regardless I must say that section of the Wiki has grown a LOT.. well done all!!

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:25 am

McPandora works fairly well for me. I've had one minor issue that was caused by me messing around with fast forward/reverse. If you don't use the functionality it streams Pandora quite well.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:59 am

Media Center Studio Fix is still up...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1309943/MCSFix.zip

This was the original fix for Media Center Studio, If you run this after MCupdate ran and pulled your settings away, it would restore them. MCupdate is a scheduled task, Just edit the task and add this to run right after the MC update runs, You will never see a change in any of your settings on Media Center Studio...

Been running for years, never lost my theme once..

I've been going through the Internet time machine as well, found some stuff I totally forgot about (also found a few posts by myself, lol)...

Thanks to all for updating this and keeping this going !
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

LLCoolWas

Post by LLCoolWas » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:08 pm

Hey guys. Regular lurker here. Just wanted to give a sloppy hint of something I like on my WMC setup.

Using BLUESTACKS and RELAUNCH, I have been making icons to launch Android apps on my WMC HTPC. A lot of them are remote friendly, others may benefit from an airmouse. For example, I use a relaunch shortcut to launch IP CAM VIEWER to quickly log into my security cameras. I use it for a couple quick games too. But for me this has brought a whole lot more apps to my HTPC with very little setup.