Audio issues with CBS

mbloescher

HTPC Specs: Show details

Audio issues with CBS

Post by mbloescher » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:23 pm

I'm running WMC 7 with a Silicon Dust tuner. Signal strength is good from a rooftop HD antenna. Recording most channels works very well, however when recording a program on CBS (NCIS for example) the only audio I get is weird music that has nothing to do with the program--it's the same music throughout the show and in all episodes. There is no speech audio whatsoever. The commercials come in great (of course), it's only the show and it's only CBS. All other channels work great. Watching live through WMC comes in perfectly, it's only the recordings that have the issue. I've Googled for hours and the only thing I can find that even remotely sounds close is that WMC has a difficulty when there are secondary audio tracks and that CBS uses an enhanced audio stream for the visually impaired and WMC chooses that track over the regular audio. Unfortunately that article didn't post a solution. Does anyone else have that problem? Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance.

signcarver

Post by signcarver » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:17 am

Can you chose which "language" to play? On remote I press info, left (as language is at end), down, ok... on keyboard/mouse, I right click, left, down, space.

I have also heard of some people having speakers set wrong (such as front/rear) so you may wish to configure audio.

cKuR6

Post by cKuR6 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:38 pm

I see something similiar if my audio is not set to 2 channel. Check your audio settings.

mbloescher

Post by mbloescher » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Thanks guys, that did it! I switched to two speakers and amazingly enough there's actually speech when people move their lips. It's kind of frustrating though that I have to switch to stereo for one channel and everything else works at 5.1.