SOLVED: Movie Metadata and Windows Server Share

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Silversee

HTPC Specs: Show details

SOLVED: Movie Metadata and Windows Server Share

Post by Silversee » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:17 pm

I have been successfully using metadata and folder renaming with movies ripped to a folder on my Media Center PC.

I recently migrated my movie library to a network share on our Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials server. I provided a correct network user name (including domain name) and password in the Advanced Network Settings in My Media Center Config, but folders are not getting renamed and metadata is not downloading.

I've checked that the YAMM service is running, and I've looked in the event logs for details of what might be going wrong, but I can't find anything.

Is movies on a network share a supported configuration for metadata services? Any other ideas?
Last edited by Silversee on Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silversee

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Silversee » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Ah... never mind. I followed the instructions to delete the YAMM cache files on Ceton's support page and it started working again. Thanks.