Best Way To Sync Music to PC From Laptop

Tigga

HTPC Specs: Show details

Best Way To Sync Music to PC From Laptop

Post by Tigga » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Hi all. Apologies if this has been covered before, but I haven't found much after some quick searches.
My main issue is that I would like to sync music files and playlists from my wife's laptop onto my PC. Seems like it should be fairly easy this day and age, but I'm having trouble sorting things out. So far we're using default Windows 7 with Media Player and WMC, but I can install whatever it takes to make this easy.

I have WMC setup on my home PC running Windows 7. I love it and use it for streaming recorded TV throughout my house. I have multiple Xbox 360's setup running as WMC extenders so I can stream music and TV throughout my house. At one point we had my wife's laptop also setup as a media library so she could stream from it, but we had to restore things from a backup made 7 months ago and lost some of those changes. Now I'm tired of messing with network settings and I'd like to setup things "right" from the beginning and just copy her stuff to my PC and run everything from there, and sync on occasion when necessary. This way everything will run from my central PC and save some hassle, electricity, and etc. So far I'm just not seeing a good way to sync her stuff onto my PC though, so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Shark007

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Shark007 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:48 pm

I use Microsoft SyncToy for minor syncing tasks.
Retain your sanity, use Shark007 Codecs