Tuner card replacement

ghamer3545

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuner card replacement

Post by ghamer3545 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:36 pm

I replaced a flaky AverMedia 188 Duet tuner card with an identical card in a Windows 7 Media Center PC. When I booted the PC, it found new hardware and installed the card with the correct driver. I did not run Media Center setup. Media Center is apparently still showing the old tuner(s) on the channel Edit Source screen and does not recognize the new tuner(s). Is there any way to associate the new tuner with Media Center without running setup?

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:41 pm

It sounds like you have to run TV set up. Your recording schedule will stick but you will need to edit your channel line up, which I'm sure you're trying to avoid.

werds

Post by werds » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:37 am

mcewinter wrote:It sounds like you have to run TV set up. Your recording schedule will stick but you will need to edit your channel line up, which I'm sure you're trying to avoid.
If that is all that he is avoiding than http://1geek1tool.com/guidetool/

That should remedy the issue. You are right though, rerun the signal input and then a quick reload of a saved tuner configuration and he should be back in business (although there may need to be some tweaks to the recorded show channel settings as depending on what they were previously set at to use they may do their own oddities...)

ghamer3545

Post by ghamer3545 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:25 pm

Thanks for the help. The editing was exactly what I was trying to avoid. Guidetool made the process much easier.