Removing WMC Channel Banner

penetronn

HTPC Specs: Show details

Removing WMC Channel Banner

Post by penetronn » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:08 pm

Anyone know if it's possible to either completely emliminate the GUI from appearing during channel changing or possibly changing the channel banner's location on the screen?

I am interested in building a new HTPC and having it run through the HDMI in on my Xbox One. I'd like to use the OneGuide exclusively because they are coming out with some great new features like twitter integration and trending TV. And it's the first EVER all-in-one solution that the rest of family understands and loves. Go figure. Problem is, I envision an issue where the GUI of Media Center conflicts with the OneGuide GUI. Both are located at the bottom of the screen.

So I'm wondering if you can disable it somehow or possibly move it to the top of the screen for Media Center (e.g. Directv)?

This combined with yesterday's unlimited OneDrive Storage announcement could make a pretty compelling solution for the home media center (Xbox gaming, unlimited TV Archiving in the cloud, bluray, voice commands, netflix, skyping with the grandparents....) Thank God Fios hasn't implemented bandwidth caps yet.