InfiniTV 4 not receiving CCV

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
MoPar

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV 4 not receiving CCV

Post by MoPar » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:28 pm

I cant seem to get my tuner to receive validation. Yesterday, I installed and setup my tuner & card via WMC advisor tool and tv signal setup guide. I then called my provider to give the host id etc, and after several failed attempts they did get it to validate but couldn't receive signal (local or HD). Today they sent a tech out, he was completely unfamiliar with cable cards and or tuners, however, today its no longer receiving ccv. He tried having his dispatch send various signals (hits) to no avail. He basically said that he doesnt know what else to try, at this point Im on my own as its 3rd party hardware.

So, I dont know where to go from here. Still waiting for a reply from ceton, but meanwhile I figured Id join the GB community :D. I did do a lil reading and seen one member said he had an issue with a splitter not allowing him to receive premium channels. Im not sure if that might be my issue, but I do have a splitter that feeds my cable, as well as internet (modem). The only other thing I can think of was I forgot to disable my comodo firewall today when the tech was here. Could my firewall have prevented the ccv signal? However, even yesterday when I did receive the ccv I still had no signal... I do however get a channel guide.

Any other thoughts or suggestions are much welcomed!

Thanks

MoPar

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by MoPar » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Update: I just realized my DATA credentials changed. Not sure how this happened. On the phone with my provider now...

Re-update: I guess the data changes if you re-insert the card. Still, with the correct credential, no ccv received. I think I might try a different card.