TV Library - anyone still using it?

Ed 

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Ed  » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:20 pm

I dunno man, maybe you just gotta use it to see if you want to (continue to) use it or not.

As for popular podcasts, you could always look up iTunes' top podcast charts in Google.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:57 pm

Are the iTunes podcasts available in this app?

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:04 pm

OK, so call me stupid. Are "podcasts" only available from iTunes?

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:13 pm

One more dumb question (from someone who has never watched/listened to a podcast)... are their other sources of podcasts, and is TV Library able to search them too? Obviously, there must be more sources than iTunes... so the real question here is whether or not TV Library can subscribe to them. Also, is there a finite list of services which TV Library can search, or are there specific protocols which it can handle?

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:27 pm

A podcast is a podcast is a podcast. I was merely suggesting using iTunes' charts as a means of seeing their most subscribed/downloaded podcasts to see what's popular with the masses. You could also search via iTunes for genre specific podcasts that might interest you. I think that would be the best way to search for podcasts if you don't know what you already want.

Podcasts provide feeds that you can use to subscribe to them outside of iTunes. Go to the site of whatever podcast you want and they should have a feed link there.

You copy and paste that link into a file (I believe Jack has more specific instructions on his OneDrive), and then the internet TV plugin will be subscribed to that podcast/show listings/be able to play them. This plugin also will handle both 'audio-only' and 'video' podcasts; I remember that from when I used it.

Vlaves

Post by Vlaves » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:44 am

JackLuminous wrote:
barnabas1969 wrote:Jack,

Since the old TGB site was taken down by Microsoft, can you post more information which explains what this software does, and possibly some screen shots?

Thanks.
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=BC8C4296 ... DC53%21257
Thanks so much for continuing the work on this plugin :D

I'm still on the topic regarding translation of the plugin and since my last updated translations I've found some errors in my translation and also missed strings.
Is it ok to share theme here or would you like to continue this via PM?

Thanks again for your hard work.

Regards
Vlaves

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Hallo, Vlaves,
Wie geht es Ihnen? You can share them here or PM. Either one works. Do you still have the *.txt file you last edited?

Vlaves

Post by Vlaves » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:36 am

JackLuminous wrote:Hallo, Vlaves,
Wie geht es Ihnen? You can share them here or PM. Either one works. Do you still have the *.txt file you last edited?
Danke, mir geht es seht gut :) Wie geht es Ihnen? :) Very good german :D
No, I don't have the Text file any more. :( Maybe you could send it to me again, so I could change those Translations.

And I also made a little tool for your Plug-in. I use it for Network-Shares where I store my TV Shows.
Basically you specify one UNC-Path (where your Video Files are) and one local Path (Where the meta data will be stored).
Then, in your plugin, you have to specify the local Folder (specified in my Tool).
The tool than creates the complete Folder Structure of the UNC-Path in the Local path and adds symlinks for the video Files (using the command mklink "\\UNCPathWithVideos\Shows\Show\Season\VideoFile.mkv" "C:\LocalPathForTVLibrary\Shows\Show\Season\VideoFile.mkv").
For me, the GUI is a lot quicker with local meta data and the other good thing about it is, that every Client stores its own watched status. :D

I could send you the VS 2010 Project, maybe you could incorporate this in your VideoLibrary Engine which is already working in the background.
Please PM me your Email Address, so I could send this to you.

Regrads
Vlaves

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:20 pm

Es geht mir auch gut. (dunno if the structure is right :-) )
I have posted the *.de.txt file to my onedrive but you can email me same name at Hotmail the updated file.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=BC8C4296 ... C53%217263

Bxsteez

Post by Bxsteez » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:35 am

Am I the only one getting media center extensibility crashes? I can't even seem to get TVLibrary to cooperate anymore.

That being said for youtube this is the ONLY app that is worth anything! It use to do it so well now I get crashes from even selecting a channel.

Bxsteez

Post by Bxsteez » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:20 pm

Bxsteez wrote:Am I the only one getting media center extensibility crashes? I can't even seem to get TVLibrary to cooperate anymore.

That being said for youtube this is the ONLY app that is worth anything! It use to do it so well now I get crashes from even selecting a channel.
I figured out a fix. For anyone else receiving the error go int C:\ProgramData\VideoEngine Service

and delete all the contents. I think deleting the configuration file is all that is needed but I don't know since I deleted everything.

Vlaves

Post by Vlaves » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:35 am

JackLuminous wrote:Es geht mir auch gut. (dunno if the structure is right :-) )
I have posted the *.de.txt file to my onedrive but you can email me same name at Hotmail the updated file.

Perfect answer :D Thanks, will send the modified File as soon as possible :)

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:22 am

Bxsteez wrote:
Bxsteez wrote:Am I the only one getting media center extensibility crashes? I can't even seem to get TVLibrary to cooperate anymore.

I figured out a fix. For anyone else receiving the error go int C:\ProgramData\VideoEngine Service

and delete all the contents. I think deleting the configuration file is all that is needed but I don't know since I deleted everything.
Sorry for the crashes. If it happens again send me a link to the log file.

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:19 pm

Hey Jack, when viewing TV Library on an extender, the series/seasons posters are compressed. I get why, but is there a way to disable it; or, just increase the size of the compressed files? I recall a long time ago experiencing this; and I came across the compressed versions of the thumbnails (used only in extender/RDP sessions). Replacing the compressed thumbnails with the uncompressed ones solved my issue; but these compressed thumbnails are no longer in the later builds/now hidden in the db file/or I just can't find them again.

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:01 am

Hmm. I'll check but it might automatic when it detects it's on an extender. The larger images are seriously lag-alicious on my Xbox when viewing a full series gallery.

Vlaves

Post by Vlaves » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:40 pm

JackLuminous wrote: I have posted the *.de.txt file to my onedrive but you can email me same name at Hotmail the updated file.

Hi Jack,

I have PM'ed you a zip file with the updated Translation file and with other stuff we spoke. Thanks again for this great software :D and for continuing with development of course :D

Regards
Vlaves

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:24 am

Vlaves,

When you say the GUI is quicker with local metadata what do you mean? You mean the gallery is more responsive?
Vlaves wrote:
No, I don't have the Text file any more. :( Maybe you could send it to me again, so I could change those Translations.

And I also made a little tool for your Plug-in. I use it for Network-Shares where I store my TV Shows.
Basically you specify one UNC-Path (where your Video Files are) and one local Path (Where the meta data will be stored).
Then, in your plugin, you have to specify the local Folder (specified in my Tool).
The tool than creates the complete Folder Structure of the UNC-Path in the Local path and adds symlinks for the video Files (using the command mklink "\\UNCPathWithVideos\Shows\Show\Season\VideoFile.mkv" "C:\LocalPathForTVLibrary\Shows\Show\Season\VideoFile.mkv").
For me, the GUI is a lot quicker with local meta data and the other good thing about it is, that every Client stores its own watched status. :D

I could send you the VS 2010 Project, maybe you could incorporate this in your VideoLibrary Engine which is already working in the background.
Please PM me your Email Address, so I could send this to you.

Regrads
Vlaves

Vlaves

Post by Vlaves » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:20 am

JackLuminous wrote:Vlaves,

When you say the GUI is quicker with local metadata what do you mean? You mean the gallery is more responsive?
Vlaves wrote:

Regrads
Vlaves
Yes I mean the Gellary is mor responsive since the metadata and Graphics (Cover, Backdrops...) is local stored and not in the metadata-Folders on the Network-Share.
Sure, if you have your Videos local, it makes no difference. Did you already have time to read through my PM with the updated translation File?

Regrads
Vlaves

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:37 am

Yeah, I think I replied back...

Vlaves

Post by Vlaves » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:26 am

JackLuminous wrote:Yeah, I think I replied back...
Sorry, beeing alittle bit late with my respond. I have PM'ed you all the needed stuff you requested. Thanks again for your great Plugin :D

Regards
Vlaves