Stability and trouble free usabililty of 3rd party apps

3rob3

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by 3rob3 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:57 pm

You guys are being a bit over-dramatic. Netflix works perfectly fine in Media Center. When it stops I will switch to a dedicated streamer. Nothing has stopped working and you apparently don't even use it anyway so why are you even commenting in this thread?

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 am

Well, this turned into Netflix along with the other streaming services people try to cram into Media Center, but....
3rob3 wrote:Netflix works perfectly fine in Media Center
Aside from the numerous times it has broke/stopped working in the past; leaving everyone to wonder if this was it and it was broke for good, correct? There's plenty of posts/topics in these forums about all the times that has happened (time and again) before if you need to refresh your memory. It has never broke once for me on the 4 XBOXs, 4 Chromecasts or 4 BR players I have.
3rob3 wrote:Nothing has stopped working
Tell that to the internet TV plugin and the Sports Strip........
3rob3 wrote:and you apparently don't even use it anyway so why are you even commenting in this thread?
Ed  wrote:If I see someone constantly banging their head against a wall, sure I could just walk away and not say a word; but instead, I'm gonna say "Dude, why don't you stop that before you hurt yourself".

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:10 am

Dude calm down. Again, I think we are all aware of the alternatives, but thanks for reminding us every chance you get.

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:10 am

3rob3 wrote:Dude calm down. Again, I think we are all aware of the alternatives, but thanks for reminding us every chance you get.
Hey, you asked. If you don't want the answer, don't ask the question :thumbup:
3rob3 wrote:You guys are being a bit over-dramatic. Netflix works perfectly fine in Media Center. When it stops I will switch to a dedicated streamer. Nothing has stopped working and you apparently don't even use it anyway so why are you even commenting in this thread?

STC

Post by STC » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:17 am

Ed  wrote:
STC wrote:Hey I do just what "works".
Says the guy who uses an Echo

SORRY I HAD TO. I saw an opening and went for it. :lol:

At least we fall on the same side of this argument :thumbup:
Both my Echos are doing fine thank you ;)
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 am

I know, I know, t'was a joke cheap shot. :)

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:03 am

adam1991 wrote:
mcewinter wrote:I'm not saying that I don't change inputs. I'm just saying ideally, that I don't want to.
Ideally, I don't want to have to avoid certain parts of town when I carry clear plastic bags full of money. I mean, it simply shouldn't be that way.

Ideally, I shouldn't have to tell my daughter to be careful on campus. It shouldn't be that she should have to take active steps to look out for her own safety. People shouldn't be rapists.

Ideally, ideally....but then reality sets in. Given that reality is reality, why are we even dreaming of some non-attainable ideal state?

Ideally, I wouldn't have to work and money would flow in like water over Niagara Falls.
Whoa!

Just saying I don't like to switch inputs if I don't have to.

I use MC as a DVR, movie player (including DVD,BD and multiple file types), music player, more than one variety of internet music, and Netflix. I also use it to view photos as I intentionally let the screen saver kick in sometimes. I admit I prefer Netflix on my Chromecast depending on what I'm watching as it offers 5.1 sound.

I never get questions from my wife, mother in law, or friends on how to use my system. It's very simple to operate and part of that is because it all resides on one input. You know this. MC doesn't offer everything but it offers a lot. I rarely have the need to switch inputs and that pleases me.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:40 am

so, changing inputs and working with a different unit dedicated to the task (DVDs, for example) is harder than not changing inputs and figuring out how to work however it got crammed into WMC? To the point where your mother-in-law never asks questions or struggles?

I call bulloney.

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:51 am

adam1991 wrote:so, changing inputs and working with a different unit dedicated to the task (DVDs, for example) is harder than not changing inputs and figuring out how to work however it got crammed into WMC? To the point where your mother-in-law never asks questions or struggles?

I call bulloney.
No, I could see that.

As having done it all myself - when it works, it works well. The problem is it doesn't always work; or requires upkeep to stay working.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:09 am

adam1991 wrote:so, changing inputs and working with a different unit dedicated to the task (DVDs, for example) is harder than not changing inputs and figuring out how to work however it got crammed into WMC? To the point where your mother-in-law never asks questions or struggles?

I call bulloney.
She's had a question or two in the past but the answers I had to offer were short and easy to understand. It was a short phone call.

STC

Post by STC » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:28 am

Well at half time the score is 1:1 and all to play for. By the way: UP THE DUTCH! :D Delicious class footie.

As a new-ish father juggling some businesses I have zero time to spend administering MC. The limited spare time I do have I can relax and turn on the TV to watch a choice of media without a single futz.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123