Guide Data Quality Of Late

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
IownFIVEechos

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by IownFIVEechos » Wed May 28, 2014 7:10 pm

STC wrote:^ Not specifically one of this thread no.

There's always third party guide data to fall on should MS leave the circus.
I thought it was describing post #11?
Jimmersd wrote:I've missed several series recordings over the last couple weeks because new programs have been tagged as rerun. It isn't a new development but seems to be more common lately.

STC

Post by STC » Wed May 28, 2014 7:23 pm

^ Yes that certainly is the same thing, sorry. I was unaware of the tag post.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

webminster

Post by webminster » Wed May 28, 2014 8:14 pm

Well, old news that MS is letting WMC die from atrophy. Lack of code updates sure isn't new news, I can't honestly remember a Windows Update in last 3-4 years explicitly targeting WMC by title. There's the mcupdate-provided "updates" that have removed functionality, like Internet TV and the Sports stuff...

And I guess the OAD Canada thing isn't a new bug either - perhaps it's just getting seen more. While it's possibly arguably a WMC bug, it might help if Zap2it would just report the US OAD for US markets, instead of just reporting the OAD of wherever in the world it first aired...

Last time we had our serious guide outage a couple months ago, we got a note from them "promising" to keep the "legacy" data services up and running. How much the promise is worth I guess we'll find out someday.

I'm sure someday things will get so screwed up I'll have to move to another solution. Not happy thinking about the day. Which is why I try not to put it on the top of my worry list... :-)
-Alan

webminster

Post by webminster » Thu May 29, 2014 2:37 am

Here's a question... I've been trying to figure out what happened to guide data on Bravo HD here in Colorado, just found out that Comcast switched the feed from East coast to West coast. I assume from the looks of it that Zap2it hasn't a clue it happened.

Since MS shut off the Connect site, anyone know how to report the issue (presuming there is any way anymore)? answers.microsoft.com?
-Alan
-Alan

STC

Post by STC » Thu May 29, 2014 1:31 pm

^ You used to go through Zap2it direct using a form, but they've changed the site. The only way I can see you can communicate to them now is:

feedback at zap2it.com

webminster

Post by webminster » Thu May 29, 2014 2:27 pm

Thanks. Was told by MS if guide wrong on their Web site, do the feedback@ deal, otherwise open a Connect ticket (I thought I'd heard that the Connect site was going to be deprecated...). Any rate the feed change went through this morning.
-Alan

STC

Post by STC » Thu May 29, 2014 5:16 pm

In the past I had quicker success going direct to Z2it for changes.
Granted, my cable co is but a speck of dust compared to the big boys.