Xbox 360 Media Remote 2011

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
ZenerDiode

HTPC Specs: Show details

Xbox 360 Media Remote 2011

Post by ZenerDiode » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:47 am

Looking for some information on the new Xbox 360 Media Remote 2011. I know that Microsoft has removed the green button from the new XBox remote. However, can anyone on this forum explain how this impacts the remotes use with the Windows Media Center extender on the XBox 360? It looks like the remote still has a LiveTV and a Guide button. With this new remote, am I able to pull up the Windows Media Center GUI like I can with the old remote when I press the green button? If so, how :?: Thx :!: :!:

meoge

Post by meoge » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:40 pm

You will either need to set your Xbox 360 to automatically start in Media Center or you'll have to navigate to Media Center from the Xbox Dashboard and manually start it. The one issue I have with the remote is that it no longer has a "stop" button. If you are watching a recording, you can't stop it. The best you can do is pause it and then start something else or tune to a channel. Because of that I really haven't used it much. I do like that it is able to turn on and off my tv as well as control the volume and inputs. If it had a stop button it would be perfect for me.

makryger

Post by makryger » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:02 pm

If I were you, I'd go with any other number of Media Center remotes- they will still work on the xbox, and you won't be sacrificing the green button or the stop button.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

ZenerDiode

Post by ZenerDiode » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Thanks for the comments. If I have Media Center set to auto start, the only function I can't seem to be able to do (in addition to a stop button) is watch recorded TV. How do I get into the Media Center menu with the new remote?

ZenerDiode

Post by ZenerDiode » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:18 am

Update. My wife pointed out to me that if you press the back button, it will bring up the Media Center menu. Therefore, no green button is needed. :mrgreen:

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Wait a minute. I have two XBoxen, both do nothing but extender duty. I've set them both to start up into Media Center, and they go to the main Media Center screen where I can scroll up and down and choose anything I want.

When they start up the focus is on Recorded TV; a simple touch of the OK button takes me to the recorded TV library.

What screen are yours starting up into???