TV Library - anyone still using it?

JackLuminous

HTPC Specs: Show details

TV Library - anyone still using it?

Post by JackLuminous » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Howdy. Are there any users on here still using the tvlibrary plug-in? If there are, how many are using Win8 or planning to move to Win8? How many are still on win7?

Thanks,
Jack

poissony

Post by poissony » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:05 pm

I still use it. I'm on Win 7 64bit and have no intention of moving to Windows 8 for WMC.

Crispy

Post by Crispy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:03 pm

I'm using the plug-in on Windows 7 64bit and Windows 7 32bit computers. I'm think of upgrading the 32bit computer to Windows 8. Does TV Library work in Windows 8?

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:12 pm

I know there are a few that are still using it. Since WEC is now taken down could you please post it here for download? I am sure many WMC users would appreciate you doing so sine the WEC site is now no longer accessible.
Thanks,
newfiend~

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:19 pm

Since MS finally nuked the last remnants of what was TGB, so i've been asked to post a link to the tv library builds.

OneDrive: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B ... der%2c.zip

I am working on fixing a couple bugs with the youtube bits as well as a gallery option request. Also looking to create a build for win 8. Any tips/pitfalls from fellow developers would be appreciated.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Thank You Jack! :D I know staknhalo would like a Windows 8/8.1 version when you have the time.. Thanks again for posting this up here!

Sjchmura

Post by Sjchmura » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:48 pm

I use the xbmc launcher now. To be honest with the cabke card support etx WMC is joe just an API used by xbmc

Xbmc Gotham+ mce for tuner (new plugin for xbmc works great) and all the free addonS and tv scrapers, sick bears etc is a no brainer

Also since all the xbmc can share one library I can configure one

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:09 pm

No problem. I'm moving to win8 soon so i have to get this sorted out for me too :-)

JJohnson

Post by JJohnson » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:07 pm

I still use it on Windows 7 MC. My only issue currently is that I seem to get duplicate series, and merging doesn't always seem to resolve it, and that I'm out of space on the computer (12 TB doesn't seem to be enough for me).

JJohnson

Post by JJohnson » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:12 pm

I still use the app on Windows 7 Media Center. I enjoy the Win7 interface aside from the weird arrangement of tiles (Row 1: 1 3 5 7; Row 2: 2 4 6 8) which apparently can't change for some reason. If possible, I'd love to see some way to use subtitles, alternate audio tracks, MKVs, and a way to 'prefer' HD versions of a file when available, otherwise use SD. For example, I have Marvel Agents of Shield - S01E01.mkv, and Marvel Agents of Shield - S01E01.avi. The first is HD, the second SD. The app could then display the first, but not the second; but for Marvel Agents of Shield - S01E02.avi, that would be shown since that's the only version of that episode.

I don't know if it's possible within the constraints of WMC, but if we could see user statistics - how many shows watched, series completed, that sort of thing, that would be kind of cool for the stats-folks amongst us.

Off of WMC, though, I have a huge idea for a Win8 Metro-style app, but my C# programming skills are minimal at best. If you're up for discussing that, perhaps we could collaborate and split the sales or something.

[Moderator note: topics merged]

rl2e

Post by rl2e » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:59 am

I just got it recently installed on my Windows 7 Media Center setup. I like it so far, but one thing I noticed is that when video (wtv recorded tv or converted mp4 files) is played from the plugin commercial skipping via DTBAddin doesn't work. Besides that I think it works pretty great. It would be awesome if you could include support for that in a future version.

Dkeyguy1

Post by Dkeyguy1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:00 pm

I have it on one machine. It won't run on the ones with MB3, Amazon plugin, one the service runs but crashes when you try to enter, the other crashes as soon as it starts.
Runs great on the machine with MB2

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Update: currently working recreating the installer using Wix. I need this inorder to create an installer for win8...Wix is a real pain to learn so the going is slow right now.

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:05 pm

:thumbup:

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:34 am

Progress update:
I can get the plugins to show up in the WMC start menu. I still need to do:
1. Add the registry keys needed to allow the DVDExtender plug-in to work. This plug-in used the transcoder hook in WMC so that VOB files in Movie Library will be transcoded into MPG on extenders.
2. Add SQL Server Compact Edition 3.5

wally007

Post by wally007 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:24 am

Hello Jack,

Is there anyway to use your TV Plugin while using Plex for backend metadata ? Plex Server has API which returns xml messages for each item in the library.

This way we could accomplish single centralized storage for all WMC boxes in the house. Plex also handles transcoding so that files could be transcoded into whatever files XBOX would want them in.
I love Plex Server approach , one box (server) -> many clients. Just like Netflix, I can pause the show in the living room and finish watching the show in the bedroom. All metadata is same on all boxes and watch states are always in sync on all devices.....

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:05 pm

That is a terrific idea!

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:32 am

RE: Plex Server API

Interesting idea. However, I have zero experience with Plex. If I am guessing right, you're aiming towards more of a UI front end to PLex? :-)

wally007

Post by wally007 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:17 am

Correct.

This way TV Library plugin could be simplified and use metadata from Plex. No need to do the same as Plex does and use its metadata. Plex also transcodes on request so that part could be handed off as well. ( and Plex transcoder is second to none )

Each HTPC in the house could just point TV Library plugin to the Plex Server and we would have centralized WMC for everything (except Live TV :-)). I

Plex Server runs on anything really (many NAS', Win, Mac, FreeBSD, Ubuntu, FreeNAS etc .. ) so if someone wouldnt be interested in "Server" part, they could just install Plex locally on the same PC as WMC and just point TV Library plugin to 127.0.0.1:32400 (Plex Port ))

This was just an idea. If it does not fit your goals, please ignore. We have at home 3 TV's and there's something great that watch status and progress is kept in sync between all HTPCs and presentation (ie poster and metadata ) is always the same across the rooms....

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:45 pm

Mostly repeating what wally007 said, but it seems like you have already tackled the tough part of Media Center programming (the visual interface). Moving to using a Plex server would eliminate your need for a SQL database/server and would leave your front end communicating with the Plex back end. As wally007 said this could really help when running on an extender since Plex can transcode on the fly for unsupported codecs.I wish I knew MCML and could offer you help but I'm limited to VB/C#. I am sure you would receive support from the Plex guys though.