UK Channel 5 EPG listings ( DVB-S & T )

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
roswellgrey

HTPC Specs: Show details

UK Channel 5 EPG listings ( DVB-S & T )

Post by roswellgrey » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:00 am

Quite recently I appear to have totally lost UK Channel 5 (SD) guide listings. All other channels work as normal.

All of the Channel 5 listing variants (on 28.2 and Uk DVB-T freeview) shows "no data available", which is unusual - usually one of them shows something ...

Thought i would ask if anyone else was having this problem? ( as it looks like a data source problem to me )

If not, I will have to resort to a complete re-initilisation of the tuning/guide data, which on a dual sat / 1x DVB-T setup is rather painful :(

TIA

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:03 am

Hi.

Maybe a silly question but have you checked for both "Channel 5" and also just "five" in the possible listings?

I'm using DVB-S and DVB-T and all entries for C5 have data.

You could try running a manual guide update to try and clear old data out, as well as get the latest:

Type cmd into the start menu box and then paste the following command into the black window and press enter:

%windir%\ehome\mcupdate -uf -pscn 0 -dbgc

There is no indication of the task running other than mcupdate in the task manager and the green orb in the notification area - it can take a while to complete if you include the dbgc switch.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

roswellgrey

Post by roswellgrey » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:32 pm

Holidayboy - thanks for that. Appreciate the confirmation that its Ok for others - it must be something my end ( or postcode related )

I did check the other day for 5 and Five to no avail, and have already tried the manual force update.

Oh well - will have to try the re-init the of the tuning/epg and see what transpires ...

Thanks again

Fleadh

Post by Fleadh » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:26 pm

Using Guide tool I had to map Channel 5 to five to get correct EPG listings when I recently reset up my channels.

Interestingly depending on my location channel five was once actually listed as five but I cant remember what settings that was.

Cureently set to Channel 5 five

roswellgrey

Post by roswellgrey » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:06 pm

Well, its sorted, but the solution was found by accident and is slightly strange.

I noticed, whilst again flicking up and down the available "Channel 5" listings ( all of which showed "no data available" ) that 2 of
the disabled ones had the same EPG channel number ( up in the 1000s somewhere ).

The fact they exist isn't surprising obviously - they either came from the default channel lineup, or were created as a result of the DVB-S/T scans.

But, I did think that 2 "non-merged-by-me" channels having the same EPG channel number was slightly odd ( its isn't actually, but that's an aside), so I split one of them to create 1 more unused Channel5 ; each one now having a unqiue EPG channel number.

As soon as I did this, the Channel 5 listings magically reappeared (on the used and disabled channels) :D

Most strange. After the event, I spotted a few more non-unique channel mappings, so that in itself isn't a problem, but for whatever reason, the split tickled something in the database back into operation. Ho hum

Anyways, thanks for the inputs into my problem. :)

StumpyBloke

Post by StumpyBloke » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Glad you are sorted and thanks for letting us know! :)
Rich

Incapete

Post by Incapete » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Old thread I know but I have exactly the same problem. Could you talk through what you actually changed to fix this?