"Start When Possible" not working

FMinMI

HTPC Specs: Show details

"Start When Possible" not working

Post by FMinMI » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:26 pm

Hello all,

I am not sure if I should post this here or in the Ceton area but I have a weird problem with recording. I recently switched to a Ceton ETH6 on a new WMC computer running Win7 Premium 64bit and SP1. Prior to this system I used a couple of HP Z560's to record my programs, but Charter has forced me to go all digital in our area.

After setting up the Ceton identically to my Z560's, I am sometimes losing the first minute or so of SOME recordings. I went in to Recording Defaults and do see I have it set to start "2 minutes before" and to stop "3 minutes after". Usually such 'cropping' happens when tuners are not available due to overlap but that is not the case. For example, just yesterday The show NEIGHBORS started late and I lost the first minute.

When I went to ADMIN Event Viewer, I did not seeing any warnings or failures; in fact it shows that WMC has 'successfully' recorded:
The Neighbors: Fear and Loving in New Jersey started recording on 1/10/2014 8:31:07 PM and stopped on 1/10/2014 9:03:03 PM as scheduled.

Yet on 1/10/2014 there was only one other program recorded either before, during or after:
Intelligence: Pilot started recording on 1/10/2014 7:58:12 PM and stopped on 1/10/2014 9:03:03 PM as scheduled.

I have checked the clock and it is correct. And when I go into the SERIES info, I see a way to edit the stop-after time but not the start-before time so it can't be something wrong within the series setup from what I can tell.

I have now switched to recording '3 minutes before start time' as the default but am not sure if this will help.

Anyone have any ideas as to why WMC is not recording properly?

Thanks

Frank