Interesting guide problem

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
bmblank

HTPC Specs: Show details

Interesting guide problem

Post by bmblank » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:22 pm

I've got an interesting problem with the zap2it guide data. In my area zap2it seems to be listing two stations under the same channel; 9.1 is listed as both wwtvdt AND wwtvld. The problem I'm having is while the station in town is actually wwtvdt, WMC wants to look for wwtvld, which means it finds "no signal" when it tries to tune into 9.1. I have made sure to remove any additional sources that don't actually exist from the channel. This affects both recorded tv as well as tuning live tv using the guide. When viewing tv using tools not based on guide data (ie, straight up tv, digital converter box, the HDHR setup gui, anything that just searches the airwaves vs. using zap2it guide data to look for specific channels) I can watch channel 9.1 just fine.
I've already sent zap2it an email trying to fix (a week ago). Just wondering if anybody has any ideas how to either fix, or even get around this.
This affects me, my brother in the same town and my parents, an hour away but still in the same viewing area.

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Go to Edit Channel for that station, then Edit sources and look to see if both channels are listed. There should be one source per tuner. Then just disable the sources you dont want.

If everything is fine, Then you should try to manually add the channel that you want using Add Missing Channels.

bmblank

Post by bmblank » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:29 pm

bmblank wrote:I have made sure to remove any additional sources that don't actually exist from the channel. This

bmblank

Post by bmblank » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm unsure how to add a digital channel. Problem is there is already a channel on the one I want. I've tried but wasn't completely sure how to do it so I never got it to work.

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:57 pm

Tasks/TV/Guide/Add Missing Channels.

It doesnt matter if its already there. Add it a second time with the correct channel number. TVFool.com shows WWTV on both ch40 and ch9. You'll need to figure out which is correct and then use that channel. My guess is its ch40 since most stations migrate from vhf to uhf when they find out vhf doesnt work well. Give it a callsign like WWTVtest so you can tell which is which.

So you'll end up with WWTVtest on logical channel 9.1 on physical channel 40 or 9(whichever works)

aeblank

Post by aeblank » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:00 am

I an in the same zip with the same problem and i manually added 9.1 to no avail. 9 stayed vhf, btw. I don't know what to do. Feeling screwed here. Mine does not tune to the "ld" version of the channel, and it still doesn't work.

aeblank

Post by aeblank » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:04 am

Magically started working again the day after i emailed the station. No feedback to learn what the wtf.